Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising! Will you succumb to the impending madness? Or perhaps live long enough to reach the realm of the sun?

+5
Loony
Radiant Spark
Darkspirit
Funnio987
Gunia
9 posters

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising - Page 16 Empty Re: Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Post by Gunia Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Rakata shivered out of a sort of distaste as the two continued talking about birds, of all things.  "Do you guys have to talk about birds?" She asked, clearly showing her distaste toward the subject.

"I, for one, think birds are rather interesting."  Dali cut in, seeming almost as if he had appeared between Jest and Starshooter when considering the fact that he usually hovered closer to the back of the group.  Rakata simply rolled her eyes at his remark; she didn't see how anyone could possibly like birds.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:42 am

Jest raised an eyebrow as one of the more silent members of the group spoke up then smirked. they continued forward into the crowded market place. Stalls were overflowing with goods from all over the ruins and above, and hundreds of different creatures, both human and not, flocked to and fro over the cobblestone courtyard. "Where are your birds located? I would think birds preferred sunlight to the gloom that obscures everything down here."
    Jest said lazily, not entirely paying attention to the conversation. He kept an eye out for any surprises that might come their way but his attention was drawn to one of the nearer stalls that sold trinkets and other oddities that were native to his home town.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:39 am

Starshooter shrugged "I actually came to the Ruins for a bit of fun. My birds and the guild is located quite a ways from here. Teleportation is wonderful for long distance travels." Starshooter said and just to prove a point, his hand shimmered a bright blue and a single peregrine falcon teleported into his hand. The falcon had a magic hood on it, which Starshooter took off for a moment to study the bird. "This is one of my falconer birds. Not to worry Rakata, Esteras doesn't like pixies, in fact she keeps away from them." Starshooter said, moving the Peregrine towards Rakata, the falcon flapped it's wings and flew over to Starshooter's shoulder, getting away from the pixie as fast as it could. Starshooter's hand shimmered again and the falcon disappeared, teleported back to the mage's aviary.

Obsidian found the bird quite intriguing. He watched with studying eyes as the bird shied away from Rakata. He actually expected the bird to eat the pixie, but this was more amusing. A bird that disliked pixies. "Show-and-tell over? I'd rather if w-" Obsidian cut off mid sentence, his eyes snapping up towards the roof of the Citadel. His eyes locked onto a point where the shadows moved suspiciously for a moment, but the spot stopped and he lost it again. Growling, Obsidian narrowed his eyes, looking back down. "Zerinika's following us." Obsidian stated, taking a mental count of everyone there.
    Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Gunia Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:50 am

Rakata moved a cautious few inches away as Starshooter held the bird closer to her.  She seemed to relax when the bird shied away from her as well instead of attacking.  Rakata then made a mental note to avoid Starshooter on the knowledge that he could summon birds at will.

Dali watched the bird with a sort of interest as well.  It was intriguing how the bird disliked pixies, but at the same time he couldn't help but wonder how a falcon or any bird, for that matter, might taste.  He had never managed to actually catch one and give it a try, as they were always just a little faster than he was.  Starshooters birds were tame, which would make catching them a lot easier, but Dali doubted Starshooter would let him within six inches of his birds.

"I forget what the point of all this is..." Vienna muttered, arms folded over her chest as she walked. "We're just a giant group of bait at this point."
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:06 am

Obsidian fell back to step in line with Vienna. "Which is why, Vienna, we are splitting up." Obsidian said, quickening his pace back to the front of the group. "Okay, hold on everyone. Because of the sheer amount of citizens here, we can split up. any sign of danger, our group is to band together. We don't need us getting caught up in the panic. Jest, you go to that stall you were eyeing. Act as tough you want to buy stuff, heck go and buy stuff, add to the effect. Just remember to regroup at the first sign of danger. Just follow the panicking citizens to where the danger is." Obsidian said, explaining their plan.
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:09 am

As Inuk walked through the crowd of citizens, he noticed an odd group of people or animals
    one robot like. Inuk looked down at his companoin Claw, who did not seam to happy or have any care about what people were doing.
    Inuk still asked if could hear what they were saying.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:15 am

Obsidian watched as everyone disbanded. Gravity and Cosmic went to a stall with multiple trinkets and ball-things. Cheetah went over to a stall where they had many different blades, Starshooter went to a stall that has multiple magical items while Obsidian and Cyan stayed at the market entrance, Cyan still on the rooftops invisible and Obsidian on the opposite roof, visible.

Keeping an eye on Jest, Obsidian flicked his gaze up to the roof of the citadel, the tri-colored eyes narrowing in suspicion. He knew Zerinika was watching, he just had to be ready to meet the wyvern in the fight that was bound to end with one of them dead. Whether it was him or Zerinika, Obsidian really didn't care. If he died, he'd take Zerinika down with him. There was no way that bitch would kill him without getting a fatal blow herself.

Zerinika flew above the markets, her blood-red eyes watching them all with her deathly gaze. When they split up, she silently cursed Obsidian's wit. He'd know that it'd be foolish to attack in the middle of the markets, too many people that could decide to try and be brave. Not that she cared, she just knew that Obsidian would take that opportunity to take her down. "Ebony, keep and eye on Master, Rosto, you keep watching Obsidian, I'm going to go find somewhere to strike. Don't worry, I can keep us all hidden." Ebony nodded, a malicious smile creeping up her face. "Yes Zerinika." Rosto nodded as well, his dark grey eyes reflecting his thoughts of revenge. "Yes Leader, the traitor will not get away with me watching."
    Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Gunia Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Rakata took to following Jest, which wasn't really much of a surprise.  Vienna and Dali somehow ended up together, as Dali's brain decided to short circuit at all the possible snacks around him, causing Vienna to forcefully drag the starved vampire through the market place.  This dragging earned them a good few stares.

"That hu-urt..."  Dali complained, taking a couple steps away from Vienna as she had just kicked his leg rather hard.
    "Stop acting like a wild dog and maybe I won't kick so hard."
    "I can't help it!  It all-"
    Vienna hit him on the head with her fist.  "Shut up, you dolt."
    "Owowowow..."  Dali mumbled, holding a hand to his throbbing head.  He stood there for a moment until Vienna grabbed his arm and started dragging him across the ground again.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Jest's eye lit up at Obsidians words and he soon found himself in front of the stall, marvelling at the numerous oddities and jewellery pieces native to his home land. "Where did you get these?" Jest asked the stall keeper, holding up a pendant shaped like a phoenix. It shined in the pale light and the metal was familiar to the touch, reminding Jest of the crowns he had been tasked with polishing whenever he got into trouble as a kid.

"Ah, you have good taste sir. All you see here are from my last trip to a small island up the coast. It was called... ah.. I've quite forgotten the name. No matter. These are part of a rare collection, from the royal families treasury!" The merchant proclaimed. he blabbered on about the quality of the goods and such but Jest paid him no heed, instead he skimmed over the wares of exotic and flashy pieces until he came across ones that he liked. His eye narrowed as he picked up a few rings and examined them closely. Three rings, each with intricate runes burnt into them and tiny stones set at different intervals along the surface. He smiled. yes, these are all from the treasury.

"Look, Rakata. Everything you see here is from my homeland. A strange coinsidence to run into heirlooms after all this time." Jest leaned forward and ran his eyes over the flawless pieces. They are in such good shape. One would think they'd start to break down after a few hundred years.
    he scooped up the pendant, rings and another necklace that was adorned with pointed spires and bones. Blue jewels were set into each of the spires and made it radiate with a seemingly magical aura.
    There is magic stored inside these. Whoever made or owned this must of been reluctant to part with it.  Everyone knows that jewels can be shaped or moulded by storing energy inside and shifting the mass of the gem, once you can tap into the molecular code it will allow you to bend and change it to your will. Jest thought, picking up a simple band with his tail and examining it.
    The band was large enough to fit on someones wrist but snug enough to withstand even the most brutal fights. It was made from a special thread, and shone a sleek black. Purple and gold veins ran across its length and was held together with a sleek clasp shaped as the emblem of the royal house, much as the rest of the jewlery pieces. Jets questioned the merchant about it.
    "Ah, that. Design choice i guess. The smith must of wanted his mark to be reconised or something." he laughed, slapping Jets over the shoulder as if he was some school boy asking the most obvious question.
    Jest grit his teeth and pulled one of his bangs over his bad eye. Fool. You have no idea loot you've gotten your hands on.  
    Shrugging the cyborg held up the rings, necklaces and band with a smirk. "I'll be taking these." And with a slight bow he turned to leave, slipping the rings on as he strode away, only to be stopped by the plump merchant bellowing angrily in his face. "Where do you think you're going boy!?"

Jets raised and eyebrow. "Over there" He said, gesturing with his hands grasping his stolen goods to where Obsidian stood. He paused, eyeing the merchant then let out a exasperated sigh. "You honestly expect me to do something as trivial as pay?"
    The two argued over the cost- Jest wanting to pay nothing at all and the merchant wanting at least half of what they were worth. Casually Jets layered his new necklaces over his collar while ignoring the lecture and prices the merchant shouted. Jest smiled at the flashy pieces of jewellery and glanced up, ignoring the merchant completely and began fiddling with the rings.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:29 am

Cheetah stopped when she heard a commotion behind her. Turning she noticed Jest arguing with a stall keeper over getting some unique and rare items for free. Cheetah sighed in annoyance, walking over to the squabbling pair. Getting out her bag of gems and jewels, she brought out two black pearls, encased in a black quartz. "Jest, you can't go around stealing stuff. Will these suffice? I apologize for my friends idiocy." Cheetah said, giving the gems to the stall keeper. "Thanks. Your friend here needs to learn some manners and how to pay a price." Cheetah grinned. "Yea, he's an idiot." Cheetah joked, waving goodbye to the stall keeper before turning around to Jest and hitting him around the back of his head. "Idiot, you can't just steal stuff."

Obsidian watched as Cheetah came up and paid for Jest's stolen goods. Shaking his head, the grey vulpine scoffed at the cyborgs idiocy. There were days he wondered if that quarter of his brain never got replaced. His tri-colored eyes scanned the area and locked onto two figures watching. A humaniod and another canine of sorts.
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:48 am

Inuk was waiting for an answer from Claw, but Claw just looked at Inuk and growled. So Inuk thought that he should try and be friendly. One of the females went to the stall with sparkly things and then another one came and hit her. Inuk watched nervously as they talked. He did not really like females all that much, they made him uncomfortable. Inuk walked over to the duo, deciding to try and be friendly. "Hey Miss Robot!"

Last edited by MimicSoul on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:54 am

Cheetah froze when she heard someone call out. "Hey Miss Robot!" Cheetah thought about that. Miss Robot? Does he mean... Cheetah burst out laughing, backing up to lean against one of the walls of a nearby stall to stay balanced as she laughed, grabbing her ribs becuase they hurt. "Hahahahahaha! Jest! He's talking about you! HAHAHAHA" Cheetah gasped out, out of breath from laughing too much.

Obsidian's ears twitched as he heard the newcomer speak, calling Jest... Miss Robot? Obsidian copied Cheetah's hysterical laughing, although it was slightly better controlled. "That's so true Jest! You are a girl!" He taunted through his laughing, waiting to see the cyborg's reaction.
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:36 am

Inuk looked down. Did he mistake the robot for the wrong gender? Nah thats impossible.
    Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Gunia Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:37 am

Rakata, having grown quite bored watching Jest pick out and try to steal some items that he claimed was from his home land, could not help but laugh herself as someone addressed Jest as 'Miss Robot'. It was all too funny.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Jest scowled as Cheetah told him off, countering with the fact that they were his to begin with. He elaborately and arrogantly brought this point to her attention. He feigned hurt when Cheetah called him an idiot, carrying on about the friendship that was obviously one sided.
    Jest gave a half smile when he realised that Cheetah had to stretch to knock him over the head as Jest stood on the balls of his feet, more out of habit than necessity,  and even without the added height the cyborg was already a good few inches taller than the angry kitty.
    He deliberately let it slip his mind that Cheetah paid for the trinkets, justifying that it was her own decision to pay for what she had no need to interfere in.

As Jest was about to comment on this and the obvious fact that despite Cheetah's misconceptions about his intelligence, he does indeed have a large and knowledgeable intellect, a voice broke out over the rumble of the crowd. "Hey miss robot!"
    After a startled look around for the owner of the voice Jest realised that it was talking to him. A slow anger gripped the cyborg and he went rigid. His voice came out cold as ice, a startling change from his normal upbeat and laid back tone.

jest stared down at the human, barley a boy and lifted his chin with his tail so they were seeing eye to eye. "And what do you base that assumption off of?" Jest asked, voice deadly calm. "What part of me looks like a moving hunk of metal and wires? I do in fact have my own mind and complete control over my functions. Are you perhaps unaware of the differences between a creature such as myself and one of lower standing?"
    Small volts of electricity coursed through Jests body, conducting into the boy who was held still by Jests tail while the cyborg himself loomed over the newcomer.
    Jest ran through the phrase again in his head and pondered over the second word. 'Miss'. That was the english term for unmarried female, correct? Another surge of anger gripped him, which he did his best to conceal. However his emotions were shown through his narrowed eye which shone with contempt for the human boy.

"What is it exactly about me that makes you think i am female? Is it because i wear my hair longer, or that i have trinkets around my neck? I can assure you, I am indeed a male." Jest smiled. It was not his usual arrogant smile nor a warm one. It was a smile that would be on par with Obsidian if he were human and smiled whilst murdering his victims.
    "Take a closer look why don't you." Jest said, speech now littered with phrases from his native language. Most were curses or insults that, like the languages tone, would only mean certain things if said in a certain context. They could mean a completely different thing If said in casual conversation versus if they were uttered in argument.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Cheetah forced her laughing down with not much success, still in hysterics from Jest being called 'female.' Her thoughts were somewhat suicidal, with her picturing Jest in a wedding outfit, a skirt and so on. Had she of voiced her thoughts, she'd probably be on the receiving end of whatever the poor soul who called Jest 'Miss Robot' was.

Obsidian however stopped his laughter with an abrupt snap of his jaws. In an instant, Obsidian was at Jest's side, his tail blade poised to strike either one. "Now Jest, I'm sure this newcomer didn't mean to call you 'Miss.'" Obsidian said, shooting a dangerous and warning glare a the one Jest held captive which basically said one wrong move and your dead.

The ash-colored vulpine flicked his glare to Jest, and although he was probably just up to Jest's hip, Obsidian knew that Jest would know he was no pushover. As Jest continued his curses and insults, Obsidian growled loud enough for only their little group to hear. As soon as the talking ceased, Obsidian continued. "After all, from a distance... I'd say you look quite feminine, so saying that this newcomer purposely called you 'Miss' does no mean they are at fault. Not to mention Jest, but you never really struck me as the masculine type. You always seemed... Girly." Obsidian said, grinning as his own insults to the cyborg were mixed in with his words.

"And plus, you haven't even given them a chance to justify."
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:02 am

Jest flicked his gaze between the human and Obsidian. He knew that f he picked a fight with the canine then all their plans would be for nothing and Zerinika would get them for sure. Jest sighed and backed up, removing his tail blade in the process. "Don't worry little one, you're not the most intimidating creature at a distance either." Jest retorted to Obsidian, not bothering with an edged insult.

((Yay for really quick messages before school!))
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:12 am

Obsidian shrugged. "I guess. But only to those who don't actually know me Jest. Which with the rumors going around, I'm sure everyone recognises me." Obsidian said, his tri-colored eyes glancing between Jest and Inuk.
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:37 am

Inuk saw the robot walking towards him. Did he do something wrong? As the robot put his tail blade to his neck, Inuk tried to walk back, but he could not. Is this fear? Inuk thought, It became very clear that the robot was not female. But he could be wrong,this was the first time that he could not tell which gender someone was, females are scary and this robot was scary but the robot said that it was male. Ahh why does this have to be so hard?"I..I'm sorry if I made you angry its just you look female from a distance" Wait was that meant to hurt? "Uh...ow that really hurt ahhh..." Dammit I'm so stupid! Is that really how you're meant to act when you're in pain?
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:26 am

Obsidian's eyes narrowed as the newcomer feigned pain. No erratic waves of scent came off the person, which lead Obsidian to believe that Inuk was faking. Growling, he flicked his tail, the blade coming up to Inuk's arm. With a quick flick of his tail, the blade scored a small and shallow cut along Inuk's shoulder. Lowering his voice to a mere whisper, Obsidian made sure that Jest or anything around could hear. "You don't feel pain do you? I can tell, you don't give off the pain or fear scent when you are harmed. I think I'll have fun with you..."

Obsidian's last words were tainted with evil and sarcasm, his jaws curving into a sinister smile. If this one could not feel pain, then there was a whole world of possibilities to explore with this being.
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:36 am

Inuk looked at the scratch that the dog had given him and put his hand on the wound to try and stop the bleeding." This is true I can't feel pain."  Inuk changed his gaze to the laughing female wondering if she would stop, Was it really that funny calling the one known as jest female."But that does not mean you can do whatever want with me, now does anyone have a name or shall i just call you miss cyborg, dog thing and laughing human wolf with wings?"

((Inuk you forgot Rakata))
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:07 am

Jest ignored the erratic laughter from the others and instead focused on the newcomer. So he can't feel pain, huh? This is an interesting discovery, might take a few DNA samples later.

Jest clapped his hands together and drew back the small humans attention.
    "Now, as much as i would love to best you in a duel of words, i'm afraid i'll simply have to prove my gender to you. We have an important task that requires our full concentration and associating with you dulls my mind considerably." Jest said curtly as he pulled his shirt off over his head, minding the trinkets around his neck that clinked together as they fell back into place. He was fairly skinny, the drawback of being unable to eat food and being shut down for a few hundred years, but lean and still retained most of his muscle mass from having to keep up with Zerinika when play fighting.

He held his shirt in hand and gave the human a pointed stare, biting back a sharp statement.
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:45 am

So the cyborg is male well thats strange.
    "I guess you are a male after all, but your still scary to a point. However you did not answer me from before, It seems the others have called you jest so i'm thinking thats your name. My name is Inuk, now can you tell me who the others are or did you forget their names you seem like the kind of...cy..borg to forget names."

If cyborgs can forget things.
    It was at that moment that Inuk saw a small fairy she was about 7 inches tall. "is that a fairy Jest or some kind of human bug."Inuk said in a low voice so that only the dog and Jest could hear, Inuk didn't want to offend the small thing like he had done with Jest.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Obsidian grinned at Inuk's question. "That is Rakata Inuk. She is a pixie. A freaking pain in the ass too. Or in my case, nose." Obsidian muttered, the scar on his nose from Rakata's thorn clearly visible.

Last edited by Glass on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:00 pm

"Well i'v never seen a pixie before, so little doggy how can something that small be a pain in the ass?" Inuk left the talk in some kind of a don't answer that tone and walked over to the human with wings "Are you okay you look kinda out of breath". Inuk said to the human trying to keep his calm in being close to a real female that was laughing!

Last edited by MimicSoul on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content