Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising! Will you succumb to the impending madness? Or perhaps live long enough to reach the realm of the sun?

+5
Loony
Radiant Spark
Darkspirit
Funnio987
Gunia
9 posters

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:29 am

Jest crossed one leg in front of the other and leaned back, pondering this new information. if he didn't desire to be revealed, why chance by sharing with a stranger. unless... the reason came to him quickly, it was so obvious how could he not have thought of it when first approached by this determined creature. "So then, i'm assuming once i learn of this secret you plan for me to exact my own revenge coupled with yours?"

a low laugh escaped the cyborg, the sound echoed throughout the cavern and seemingly holding the wight of unfinished plans. "Sorry but i am not going to run off like a fool once i have acquired this secret. I have my own way of doing things, y'know?"
    Jest held his hands up in defeat, and gave a tempted smile that played on his features. single eye closed he preached his next words like it was a great honour for the creature. " I will, however, listen to this revelation you have. Under one condition though. You must listen to mine"
    his eye snapped open, mischief dancing upon it as he finished his little speech. a thin smile spread on his lips and he took a step forwards, eager for the answer.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:29 am

"Congratulations, you figured the puzzle out, do you want a medal?" Obsidian mocked, grinning when the cyborg finally clicked to what he was going at. "Revelation you say? Of course. I shall listen to yours, after I tell mine. You swear revenge after Zerinika beat you in battle correct? I swear revenge on the damn wyvern because she exiled me from the rouges because I was the only one who knew her weak spot. So she exiled me so that I couldn't use this knowledge against her. However, the catch was that after I was exiled, she ordered her remaining rouges to hunt me down and kill me. I dub myself lucky I survived with only this." Obsidian said, lifting his head to show a nasty scar across his neck. The scar looked like the original cut was deep and life threatening. "So, due to how severe this wound was, Zerinika thought me as dead. And I would like to keep it that way." Obsidian finished off, looking Jest in the eyes. "So, your story?" He said, rather mockingly.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:30 am

Vienna stood in the shadows, concealed for the moment. She had discovered the group a little while ago, and had been eavesdropping on their conversation. She shivered in the cool air, rather disliking the cold of the underground. Already she missed the sun. Vienna kept her eyes trained on the group and her senses alert. Perhaps they knew of a way to get out of the ruins...
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Cosmic's ears perked. Growling, he jumped off the stone chair that Gravity had created. His rings glowed, and his eyes dimmed, giving him a rather ominous presence. "Who's there?" He growled, advancing on the strange presence. Obsidian glanced over at Cosmic. "Whoa there fluffy, who says this newcomer isn't friendly?" He said, placing his bladed tail in front of Cosmic. Cosmic growled and sat down, his rings dimming and his eyes glowing again. Gravity sighed, jumping off the chair and walking over to Cosmic. "C'mon Cos'. You don't HAVE to attack everything that arrives here without telling you." Gravity said, sitting down next to Cosmic. Starshooter held his palm out and a small ball of light formed in the middle of his palm. "Interesting. The newcomer is obviously reptilian, however, they are in the shape of a human, which happens to be a mammal." He mused, the quartz ring on his hand glowing with the magic of the ball of light.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Vienna tensed as all the attention was suddenly turned toward her. Her scales pricked with unease as numerous eyes watched her. She hated being the center of attention. Taking a slow breath Vienna attempting to calm her nerves, preferably before she took on her snake form. They weren't attacking her- at least, not yet. Vienna's eyes darted through the odd assortment of creatures as she contemplated her next move.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:36 am

Serpentine came up next to Vienna. "Sooooo, Your interesting aren't you? A Reptile that has a mammal's shape~" Serpentine said cheerily, grinning down at the human.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:36 am

Vienna's heart nearly skipped a beat as she glanced up at the large snake. She had never seen a snake that large. For that matter, she had never seen a snake with wings either. Come to think of it, she didn't recognize ANY of the creatures in the room currently. This, of course, only played toward making her more nervous, and Vienna shied backwards a few steps until the wall prevented her from doing so any further.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:37 am

"Oh now look Serpentine, you've scared her." Azure said, grinning as she waltzed up next to Serpentine. Starshooter grinned and waved. "So, it seems our guest is a bit shy." Starshoother said, as Cheetah walked up to Starshooter. "C-c'mon, giver her a break, she j-just gets here and we all swamp her. Not a very nice welcome if you ask me." Cheetah said, crossing her arms, not aware of her shy stutter,
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Vienna just listened to the creatures talk, not finding any point in saying anything. She shifted her weight uncomfortably, growing more nervous as the multitudes of eyes continued to watch her.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Obsidian rolled his eyes. "Well now, since we OBVIOUSLY don't know the meaning of personal space here, what's your name?" Obsidian said to the new person, hiding the blade on his tail.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Vienna looked rather confused at the question for a moment. "My-My name?" She asked uncertainly.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:38 am

"Yeeeees, your name. What did you forget it or something?" Obsidian asked, dodging a backhand from Cheetah.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Vienna looked a bit taken aback by the statement. "I-It's Vienna." she replied simply, hiding an embarrassed blush.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

"Vienna? Nice name. My name's Obsidian." Obsidian said, looking back to everyone else. "I'm Cheetah." Cheetah mumbled, going back to her shy state. "I'm Serpentine, the dragon next to me is Azure, the walking star cluster is Cosmic, the one with the scythe is Gravity and the mage is Starshooter." Serpentine said, using her wings to point to each person respectively.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:39 am

Vienna relaxed slightly as each person was introduced, finding no immediate danger. Her blue tongue flickered out momentarily as she thought, automatically analyzing and storing the scents in the air.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:39 am

Jest stepped closer to the newcomer, curiosity burning as he ran a search on her. He grinned at the result, scanning through the collected data quickly and saving it to his memory banks for future reference. Well now, hasn't this taken an interesting turn he mused. At least this creature seemed less harmful than the worm and her minions. He offered a friendly smile as he introduced himself, however was on his guard despite this. "Name's Jest. And how exactly did a creature like you end up down here?"
    He then turned to the newly introduced Obsidian creature "Unlike you i did not refer to spilling my tale of tragedy and woe when i made my deal. We can talk more about this later" his mechanical parts faintly echoed around as he moved, tail swishing to emphasise that the previous discussion was now over. Vienna seemed surprised by his appearance, however like the stranger he was Jest simply quirked an eyebrow at her reaction, seeing nothing wrong with his half human half machine appearance.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:40 am

"Vienna seemed surprised by his appearance, however like the stranger he was Jest simply quirked an eyebrow at her reaction, seeing nothing wrong with his half human half machine appearance. "
    ((Just a note, a little bit of character controlling there Wolfsoul ;3))

"Yea, well not everyone has faced the rouges in a full on battle and survived." Obsidian muttered under his breath, just loud enough for Jest to hear. "And plus, the rouges probably went easy on you. How else would you have gotten away virtually unscathed?" He added, purposely trying to annoy Jest. The cyborg would help him exact his revenge on Zerinika, but that didn't mean that he had to be nice. And plus, the cyborgs know it all attitude was starting to get on his nerves.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:40 am

"Some sort of safety mechanism..." Vienna mumbled, answering the cyborgs question. She didn't really find it too odd that he was half machine... After all, compared to the other beings in the room, he actually looked slightly normal.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:42 am

"The same thing happened with all of us. Maybe not Jest though..." Starshooter said, as Obsidian glared at Jest before turning back to Vienna. "So, I guess we better warn you about the damn Rouges that have free reign over the Ruins huh? Well, the Rouges are a dangerous, merciless bunch that if you stray too far from the group or fall behind, they will pick you off. I used to be a part of the Rouges before Zerinika - The leader of the Rouges - Exiled me. She thinks me dead, due to a little incident that happened a while back." Obsidian said, taking, pausing to let his words sink in. He also showed the scar along his neck. The original wound looked to be fairly deep and life threatening. "So anyway, I suggest sticking to the group, unless you want to become prey for Zerinika and her Rouges.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:43 am

Vienna looked a bit shocked and simply nodded after Obsidian was done. <Rouges?> she thought to herself before mentally sighing. <Just another danger of the ruins I guess...>
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

(( yeah, sorry about that but i figured since the others were a bit surprised she would be too due to her timid-ish nature that i'v seen))

Jest grinned at Obsidians directed glare. didn't your parents ever teach ya to be kind to your clients? he thought amusedly. Its not like his anger was being a bother just yet though, so we'll see how far we can play this game of revenge for. " Is that so? so you all were tricked by those hidden traps?" he murmured, intrigued by something. he had a strange look in his eyes as he turned to Vienna " Be sure not to attract them to ya, they seem to attack in mobs. Be careful not to step into their territory without back up, but if they step into yours you have a reason to fight." Jest was not entirely sure what made him utter those words of advice, meaningless as they were. he shrugged and slipped his hand over the sword hilt at his side, thoughts of revenge once again clouding his mind.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

At some point during Jest's advice the floor had apparently become more interesting, as Vienna had shifted her gaze toward it. She did not say anything in reply, but rather got lost in her now swirling thoughts.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Jest noticed Viennas lack of interest in his speech and tilted his head to the side in a manner of childlike confusion. Do i talk too much? No one's ever said otherwise but its certainly a possibility .... maybe she doesn't speak english? No, she talked before. Perhaps my advice is stupid. well, obviously, she could have figured all of those things out by herself. Yes! Thats what it was. He nodded proudly to himself as he came to the conclusion. Of course i don't go on about things. It was simply the manner of which I was spouting stupidity out of my mouth.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:44 am

Obsidian rolled his eyes at Jest. "So, are we going to get moving or what? I'd rather us keep moving otherwise Zerinika and her Rouges will come. And as I said, I'm trying not to get spotted by them." Obsidian said, clearly getting bored of standing on the same spot. His whiskers twitched in annoyance. "I know my way around this place fairly well, and I have a fairly good idea of the places to keep out of." Obsidian added, taking a few steps towards where the map in his mind said where the stairs down were.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:44 am

Jest chuckled " Why Zerinika would return is beyond me, however you do have a point. Unless there's a destination you have in mind i know a relatively safe spot that is well out of that worms territory." He then sprang ahead to where obsidian was and patted his head. "And if you don't mind, would you grant me access to your memory data concerning the layout of Area One and Three, friend? I assume they have changed since I was last awake. I shall make sure not to download any personal data" he smiled reassuringly down at Obsidian, although doubtful he would accept the proposal. he stepped back, putting arms behind his head and motioning for him to lead on, deciding to give him time to think it over. While he could offer the creature something in return he knew it was hard to open your mind to someone who you resented - both figuratively and literally.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content