Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising! Will you succumb to the impending madness? Or perhaps live long enough to reach the realm of the sun?

+5
Loony
Radiant Spark
Darkspirit
Funnio987
Gunia
9 posters

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Loony
    Loony
    Banned
    Banned

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising - Page 26 Empty Re: Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Post by Loony Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:12 am

((YEEEEEES, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN I TRY TO POST TO EPIC MUSIC))

REMEMBER TO KEEP THE POSITIVE ATTITUDE. IF I'M GOING TO DIE I'M GOING OUT IN A BLAZE OF SUNSHINE!!!

Thomas kept his smile even when Mend raged at him, getting some of his spit on his face since Mend was screaming so forcefully. Thomas kept his smile when Zerinika broke down next to him getting tears all over his robe. Thomas kept his smile even when he felt a gush of blood building up in his throat, and swallowing it back down opened his mouth.
    Clenching his hands into fists and overflowing with determination to the point where his robe started to flutter dramatically from how much it was radiating from his body, Thomas opened his mouth and began to speak.

"EXCUSE ME SIR! Allow me to explain! I was attacked by this young man here after I crash landed and stroke up a conversation with this lady drake here, neither of us seem to know of her past actions. Indeed! I was introducing myself to her because she seemed like a lovely individual. What is a person? A collection of past experiences all bound together by emotions. Memories shape personality, and without which they are a completely different creature entirely. Say for example someone had killed your mother and you were on a bloodthirsty rampage for revenge. Know, don't you think that other version of yourself would have an entirely different personality? I am not saying that a person should not suffer the consequences of their actions, but how in good conscience can you make someone else suffer for their actions!?! That would be as blind and indiscriminate as the attack you launched at me earlier."

Going silent for a moment, he knelt over to the dragon next to him and lift her into the air, holding her by the shoulders out in front of him. His face was steeled with the strongest of resolve and intensity, and the staff lying next to him was doing it's best to collect the outflow of magic and failing, the light casting a cerulean glow over him. Not shouting like before, and speaking with a quiet compassion he consoled the trembling wyvern.

"What matters most is not what lies in the past, but what is in the future. You decide that in the present, and nothing will go for the better if all you do is spend your time lamenting events that cannot be changed. The question is not 'What have I done?' but 'What shall I do?' You decide your own future." Suddenly wracked with pain, Thomas let Zerinika onto the ground and doubled over, puking up copious amounts of blood. He fell down to his side in convulsions, twitching in a pool of his own blood.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:36 am

Starshooter watched with mild interest as the other mage ranted on, before drawing Zerinika up to her feet, then proceeding to double over and retch copious amounts of blood. Silvas watched on in somewhat amuse silence, before waiting till the mage was done puking up blood and was left twitching on the floor.

"A rather fine explanation, however, you seem to be rather incapacitated as of current. I sense about three broken ribs, a punctured lung and maybe bruised spine. Nothing to serious." He said, levitating himself over the puddle of blood and reaching a hand out to help the dark mage to his feet. "Assuming of course that you can heal?" He added, his hood obscuring his silver eyes from the other mage. Even with other mages his mind reading capabilities could be dangerous.

Zerinika however recoiled at the stench of the blood, backing away to the furthermost wall away from the dark liquid. Maybe Thomas is right... But, that other man is so vexed with me... I need to talk with Master! He can help! She thought, watching Mend with a cautious eye.
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:10 pm

((New character in second half of post.))

The teleportation left Inuk a bit dazed. "Jest next time you are going to teleport us somewhere, let me know first".Inuk said while observing his surroundings-  the rock walls and other things.
    it was not what Inuk had imagined Jests lair to look like. As they entered the inside of the lab Inuk smelt something that was a mix between dog and old metal. When the high pitched whine started Inuk put his hands on his head and fell to his knees .The sound was like being next to a clock tower bell when it struck midnight. Inuk was really grateful when the whine stopped. ”Where did Starshooter and Falx go?” Inuk asked with a confused look on his face.

Kira sat in the cage with her katana wrapped in a dark cloth that lay on her knee and thought back to the reason she had come to this place. There had been a really high reward for whoever could find some old research documents, however nobody had been able to enter the lab they were said to be in. And so she did what any adventurer did – search for an alternate route.
    She had been crawling through some tunnels on the level above when she fell through a long tube concealed under the dirt.

Kira landed with a thump and when she tried to stand up found herself inside a metal cage. “Damn it, what smartass built this place anyway? Hey is anybody there!?” Kira called out, hoping for a reply but all she heard was the echo of her own voice. She let out a sigh and tried to see if the lock was old enough to break, but it was not. Surprisingly the lock was in fairly good condition and didn’t look like it was going to give out anytime soon. And so Kira had no choice but to wait. She pulled her pale blue scar tighter at the thought of being stuck here forever.
    Then she heard the whine, the sound rebounded from the metal bars of her cage, making Kira feel like she was about to die. The metal changed the whines sound and instead produced a high ringing noise.
    Once the whine ended the metal poles carried it on for even longer.
    Kira began to wonder if she would lose her hearing from it, but thankfully it only left her with a killer headache.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:39 pm

(( Ahh!! Thomas is so awesome! Seriously,  I love him already :D
    Also Starshooter is acting a lot like Jest in recent posts. *shakes head* cyborgs must be bad influences. Who would of guessed?
    So how about Jest reunites with Zerinika and Alpha after his breakdown? I'm looking forward to writing both scenarios but it'd be dissapointing to have them reunite while their master is in that state. It probably won't last longer than a few posts anyways))

Jest blinked curiously as Starshooter and one of the newcomers disappeared in a flash of light. Shrugging the cyborg continued deeper into the ruins, trusting the two to catch up when they were done. He made sure to turn off the energetic sheilds so that they could teleport back.
    "Their at it again" Jest said in a sing song voice as the piercing sound attacked his and everyone's ears. "No matter, just an unpopular teleportation sequence. Our overlord must be getting rusty."
    The cyborg was familiar with the ruin spirits ways of entering the different realms: go back a few hundred years or so and it was common place for them to be coming and going. However that didn't make it any more bearable.  
    Jest flicked his wrist as they entered a new room littered with decaying skeletons, the power outlets reacting as they recieved the conducted energy from Jest. He smirked and moved his hand in a way one would when playing an instrument, adjusting the internal and oustide settings to his liking.
    Jest loved the feeling of control he now felt. He was, after all, the one who powered and ran the lab now. He was the master circuit.
    He breathed out and felt the labs energy pulse in time with his heartbeat.

ah, i've missed this Jest thought. As they neared Jests station/work room a fammiliar sound caught the cyborgs attention and he grinned widely.

(( Next post will continue directly on to Jest's break down. Just wanna get it out of the way an all. There's shiny new things to play with! No time for mental difficulties to weigh you down. I'll probably post it right after this, but i can remove it and post later if it gets in the way of the flow of the rp))
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Jest grinned widely at the thought of being reunited with his creation and laughed. Suddenly his vision blacked out like a computer shutting down.
    The grin slipped and he felt nothing.
    No, no, NO, NO, NO! Jest screamed. He didn't know, didn't care whether or not the screaming was inside his head or not. He froze as the last connecting strands snapped and at last he lost control. His legs buckled under him and left him kneeling on the ground, his machine components completely detached from his mind now dangled uselessly by his side, his laughter playing on repeat like a broken record, the once joyful notes now sounding hollow with a static like resonance.

Jest struggled to input the start up code, did everything he possibly could to regain control. But the connecting links were broken and the barrier to the subconscious was crumbling at a steady rate, enveloping the helpless man in records of memories and thoughts.

Then, without the slightest reason why, a voice, his voice, sounded in Jests head.

"So this is death?"

Warm, familiar laughter responded to his his past selfs question. "No. If it was I would be their waiting."
    And so very right the voice had been. For the two of them the voice had been the first to die.

"Ah, so when i'm free shall I truly be dead?"
    His past self asked, referring to the eventual day of his release and the promise the other had made to be there to witness Jests return to the land of the sun.

Jests unseeing eyes opened wide as he relived one of their many meetings.
    The voice he had forgotten now rang clear in his head, louder than any bell or chime.

And he answered it, losing himself to the oncoming darkness.

(( oh god this sounded better when i first wrote it a month back. Might edit, might not. who knows))
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Obsidian watched as Jest walked along the lab's entrance, and the Rouge had to reduce his breathing to slight pants because the stench of decay and death was nauseating, even for him. The true awe of what Zerinika was truely capable of dawned on him then. It was only luck - pure luck - that enabled him to kill her. Blood painted the walls like a sadistic artist's dream painting, the dark blood left to dry over the years as the bodies were left where they fell. To his right was a somewhat open cavern with an old, rusted and twisted solid iron door with way too many locks flat against the wall. A quick smell told the vulpine that the door covered another five or more bodies. His eyes gazed over the broken hinges, his tail blade following the cuts with muted interest. He then turned back to where Jest was just in time to see the cyborg drop.

Cheetah was closest to Jest when he dropped, and she dashed forwards, but slowed to a stop as she saw the wires in plain view, and his robotic arm hanging limp like a useless ragdoll. Was this what he was talking about? Him losing control? Cheetah shuddered at the thought. Just as she was about to say something however, the whine started up again. Yelping, Cheetah sank to her knees and covered her sensitive ears, shutting her eyes tight as she gritted her teeth. The noise was so much worse this time, almost as though it was closer.

Zen hissed as the whine ensued again, thankfully her armor kept most of it out, but it still hurt the huntress's ears to listen to. Cyan snarled as the whine got higher in pitch with Runescathe humming with the amount of power that was being broadcast over to them. Gravity and Cosmic weren't faring so well either, with Cosmic holding his paws over his head and Gravity, using soundproof walls to block out the sound, but to no avail. Silver growled as both Shari'a and Insanity snarled in her head, it seemed even they were affected by the whine. Obsidian too was holding his paws over his head, snarling as shadows pulsated and spasmed around his paws.

In a bright flash of light, and a momentary pulse of psychic aura, there was a dark blue dragon hovering ahead of them, looking down at Jest. Or at least, they assumed it was looking down at Jest, as it had no eyes, but the way it's head swept over them all showed that it could see clearer than most. Runescathe hummed in the powerful presence of the dragon, the runes pulsing magenta as they hummed in tune to the pulsing magenta glow around the dragon's tail and four clawed feet. Cyan was the first to recover, pointing Runescathe at the dragon. However, it merely smiled. <Ah Runescathe. I've been wondering how you've been. I see the Wingless Dragon makes a good master then.> In response the sword hummed a tune similar to a bird's chirp. Cyan looked at The Overseer with astonishment, even his steeled emotions couldn't of prepared him for this. "Okay, just who are you? No one but me has been able to understand Runescathe." The dark blue dragon merely chuckled, turning to face them side on, the red wires on the dragon's mechanical arm crackled with blue electricity as it sensed the cyborg below The Overseer. <I am The Overseer - Ruler of The Ruins and the leader of the Ruin Spirits. I apologize for my hasty arrival, but your friend here seemed to be in a very... Interesting predicament I should say.> He said, looking down at Jest with a very interested expression on his muzzle. Floating down to the ground, the dragon walked around Jest, his mechanical limbs making soft whirring sounds as they moved, and clicking as they met with the tiled floor. <I suppose we should wait and see what happens now.>
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Jest felt as if he were in a dream, the dark, all enclosing, oppressive type. He had none of his senses, all but dead to the world around him. Every now and then there would be an echo of the voice that had seemingly trapped him in this place, as that was the last thing he experienced one would assume it as the logical conclusion.
    Jest was now no more than an etherial force inside his mind. Every now and then thoughts or memories would appear before vanishing, leaving him writhing in agony.
    After many attempts to compile his thoughts Jest concluded that these were the memories he had forgotten or buried, and he was experiencing the side affects of losing a part of himself. He was, in theory, killing fragments of his soul. Souls were cultivated through ones experiences, emotions, and such forth. So to destroy the foundations of one? That would be like chipping away at the pillars of a house.

However any sense he had made of the phenomenon was quickly gone and he returned to floating absently in the darkness, thoughts and feelings scattered to the darkness.
    All the while Jest's body, now in full shut down, was starting to crackle with electric energy. As there was now no outlet for the electricity it started to build up in his system. It quickly dissolved and destroyed layers of his flesh and metal units. The Lab reacted in kind, the lights flickering from the sudden unleash of such power, prototypes and creations being both switched on and overloaded, etc.

Suddenly, or eventually, the cyborg felt an overwhelming presence.
    As he was not currently bound in mortal flesh, Jests being experienced the full force of this spirits power and was in awe of it. He found himself reaching towards it, seeking the force of creation and destruction, the spirit of a creature that could in full confidence be known as a god.

(( I'm kind of embarrassed by my previous post. it looked so good whee i first wrote it. buuut i dun wanna go and rewrite. This is probably the first post i've written where Jest hasn't spoken.
    Also Jests destruction probably started up AFTER the arrival of the Overseer, but the last post ended it better)
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:39 pm

((OOC: Aww, that post made me laugh in a sort of - "Haha, poor Jest" way))

The Overseer's powerful aura it seemed, was able to break the thin vale into the cyborgs mind. <Well, well, aren't we in a bit of trouble dear cyborg?> The dragon's perplexed voice seemed rather intrigued at whatever the hell was going on inside the cyborg's mind, oblivious to the lab that was glitching and breaking behind them. He watched as parts of the cyborg melted and crackled away, his muzzle forming into a perplexed frown. The Overseer heaved a sigh, the brilliant magenta aura that surrounded him pulsing slightly as he raised the cybernetic limb on his right side.

In an instant, the magenta glow was surrounding Jest, halting any further destruction, and slowly reversing it. Bone remade, muscle re-layered and skin fitting back over the grotesque view. Metal appeared from thin air and shrunk or grew according to what The Overseer needed to repair Jest's cybernetic limbs. Soon all that was left was the cut that started it all - the metal on Jest's cheek was still splayed open from where Zerinika had cut it, but the wires inside writhed like a snake that had been captured - seemingly resisting The Overseer's powers.

The dragon slowly closed his metal claws, forcing the wires to comply, and they reluctantly fell into line, mending together with a harsh crack of electricity as a blue arc raced from the wires connecting The Overseer's arm to the newly mended cyborg, giving Jest an added boost to start back up again. The cut still showed along the metal, but The Overseer brought back the magenta aura from the cyborg, stepping back to watch. <He will wake soon - the cut is easily repaired, but I wish to speak with the cyborg before I mend the cut.> The Overseer said, watching Jest cautiously.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:45 pm

Jest felt a rush as he was pulled from the depths of his mind and back into his body. The sensation was like a jolt, similar to how you fall in a dream and suddenly wake.
    He gasped and fell forwards onto the floor, only barley catching himself. Everything felt strange, the irregular beating of his heart, the movement in his veins, the act of breathing which he was now unaccustomed to doing. His hands, though shaking, felt cool against the metal plating of the floor and with a little effort pushed himself into a kneeling position.

He felt different, in both body and mind. It was like waking from a bad dream that was not outright terrifying but still managed to grip onto you and shake you to your core.
    The cyborg laughed in relief, happy to once again be awake. He ran a hand through his hair which had fallen down over his eyes and looked up at the Overseer with a raised eyebrow and a slight grin.
    " To what do I owe the pleasure? And believe me, this is quite the pleasure you have bestowed." Jest said as he stretched out his arms, noticing that any prior stiffness or minor injury was now gone with the Overseers reconstruction of his body. He filed the interesting side effect away for later inspection.

Jests hand brushed across the scratch and his eye flicked down in its general direction and back up to the Overseer. "Though you did miss a spot"
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:08 am

The Overseer smiled slightly at the cyborg's wisecrack, but his smile soon faded. <Your dear companion Zerinika is on her way. Be nice, she has no recount of anything prior to your... experiments. As far as she knows, you never even added that tail blade. She's rather confused at this moment and is worried about you - There will be a lot of misguided anger towards both you, and myself. Try not to let Obsidian kill her. Again.>

He took a moment to let his words sink in, and then The Overseer lifted his cybernetic arm and the cut across Jest's cheek folded in together, the metal emitting a harsh scrape as it fused together, no evidence that there was ever a cut. <The wires were a bit of trouble, but even they couldn't resist my power for long. Cybernetic beings always have parts that refuse my powers for a bit.> He said, before looking over towards Obsidian. He frowned a bit, but said nothing more as a small wolf-like creature bounded into the room.

Alpha bounded into the room, skidding to a halt right in front of Jest. "Master! I thought you had left us to be honest, but I'm glad you're back!" The wolf said, his tail wagging happily as he wandered around Jest. "You're different. Did something happen?" He said, suddenly worried. His worry was soon overtaken by awe as he noticed The Overseer, looking down at him in amusement. "Powerful dragon." He simply stated, before sitting on Jest's left side, watching the others with interest.
    Templar_theJ
    Templar_theJ
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post by Templar_theJ Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:59 am

Kathiet walked across his lairs roof, wary. A small group of werewolf hunters lived nearby, and he didn't want to fight them if he didn't have to. He jumped the gap between the buildings, and looked around. He couldn't see anyone nearby, but he could smell something. He couldn't make out what it was but- "Werewolf scum!" Someone yelled from behind him, and Kathiet turned around- just in time to see a human about to run him through with his sword. Kathiet sidestepped quickly, and the sword missed. Kathiet unsheathed his sword, and after a series of quick swipes, his enemy laid dead. Kathiet sniffed. He could definitely smell something, beneath him. Kathiet looked through a crack in the building, but could see nothing. He could of sworn he saw the shadows move- just for a moment.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:16 am

((Harbinger Post For both U'se and Nyx))
    U'se and Nyx quickly grew bored of the converstion, and turned, walking away from the group. They passed Starshooter, Zerinika, Falx and Thomas, with U'se giving Starshooter a wave as they walked by. The mage raised an eyebrow, but said nothing more. The duo got to where Zerinika was first slaughtered when U'se stopped - they were not alone.

Then, their tail showed himself. Phlare trotted out from the maze of stalls, his one golden eye studying them. A wolfish grin spread across the Rouge's face as he sauntered up, keeping the two in his sights - they were rigid with fear and anticipation, so they should be. He looked over the smaller quadruped, his tail drawing a line through her fur, the cool steel running across her neck. "What have we here? You carry the scent of the group that slaughtered the previous leader of The Rouges, Zerinika. Maybe I should have some fun here - you seem to be worthy for an example." The Dracine's words slid off his tongue like liquid steel, each word lashing out before settling on the two. A high pitched whine of something powering up ensued and Phlare had to jump backwards to avoid getting hit by a plasma blast.

Turning his attention to U'se, Phlare, traced around the Elite's armor, drawing a line of sparks as he went. "Ah, ah, ah, I didn't forget you. Maybe we should have a battle. All those fancy gadgets were sure to give me a good fight." He said, walking away a few steps and turning around, his steps barely noticeable. His golden eye studied the alien, flashing yet another wolfish grin, the Rouge slid over to Nyx like ink in water. "After of course, I'm done with fluffy over here." He said, his tail drawing a line across Nyx's side, blood seeping through the white fur and staining it a light red. The Absol flinched, jumping to the side and hurling a rock at Phlare, who dodged it easily.

In an instant, Phlare was at Nyx's side, swiping at her with enough force to send her sprawling. The Absol hit a stall and it broke, falling on her. Not giving the Absol time to recover, Phlare dashed over, roughly grabbing the Absol's scruff and throwing her like a ragdoll into another stall. Letting loose a jet of blue flames onto the Absol, a shrill cry ripped through the air as the Pokemon was roasted alive. Once Phlare let the flames go, all that was left of the Absol was a charred mess.

Turning to U'se Phlare dashed at the Elite, who shot at him, which the Rouge dodged by jumping into the air and opening his wings, diving down at U'se and letting loose a jet of flames that burnt through the shield, leaving him open to attack - which Phlare was already doing. Diving down on top of U'se, Phlare landed on the Elite's back, knocking him to the ground. The Elite rolled, but Phlare was already gone, and was slashing at U'se stomach before the Sangheili could react. U'se shot at Phlare with his plasma rifle, but the Rouge was yet again, not there.

Instead U'se felt claws at the un-armored part of his neck, with the Dracine's toothy grin staring down at him. "Y'know, I'd of expected more of a fight, but I suppose you tried - I was just better." Phlare said, his maw glowing with flames as he released a point blank fireball onto U'se's head, letting the Elite release a shrill cry of pain, before he curled his claws, the sharp points sinking into the soft flesh and grasping the alien's windpipe. In a jerk of his limbs, the organ came free, and with a strangled cry, the wind left the Elite and his chest collapsed, and with a final shuddering breath, the Sangheili lay still, his windpipe draped over his chest. "After all, it's kill or be killed here." The Rouge hissed, his claws stained with the alien's blood. Phlare turned and walked off, his work done.
    Loony
    Loony
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Loony Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:52 pm

The Dark Mage's wounds were truly grievous, He could feel the dark blood from his lungs pouring into his surrounding ribcage to the point it seemed like the rest of him was going to burst open. He was going to drown in his own body fluid at this rate, and the pain from thus was unbearable. Thomas could still think however because of his enormous amount of self-control, but just barely. His face a grimace that spoke of great agony, his darkening and bloodshot eyes darted over to Starshooter as he made his offer. Healing...Magic?!? I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT BEFORE! His blacked eyes suddenly lit up with utter joy, and his bloodied lips started to curl into a manic grin over his exposed teeth. Still groveling on the ground, he used some of the last of his strength to push himself up, not even able to make it into a sitting position. His light blue hair was darkened red and stuck to his face with fresh and sticky blood, and all could be seen was half of his horrific expression as it obscured his eyes. Still gritting his teeth, he turned his head and flashed a pained smile and braced himself to speak. Not much time left, make it quick. Opening his mouth and letting the pool of blood that had gathered there flow out and downwards, the shaking Mage spoke with eagerness as his life flowed away. "De..Demonstrate."

Last edited by Loony on Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:54 am

Starshooter withdrew his hand as the other mage resumed his bloody struggle for life. Silvas watched, his silver eyes curious, before finally he clicked his fingers, surrounding the other mage is a magenta glow. The blood slowly evaporated into a red mist, which made it's way back into the other mage by entering through his mouth and nose. His hair slowly dried and became less sticky as the blood evaporated and returned to the mage. There was a harsh scraping sound as the broken ribs moved back into place, followed by a queer squelching sound as shards of bone dislodged themselves from Thomas's lungs. The lungs then inflated and healed, draining of blood and finally his heart began to beat faster and more steadily.

The glow faded from the mage's body, and Silvas extended his hand once more to help the mage up. "There you go, my friend. I am surprised you don't know even the basic healing magic. It's usually the first thing any mage learns, self taught or not." He mused, floating down so that he was standing on firm ground.

Zerinika however, wasn't doing so well. The sight of all the blood reduced her to a nervous wreck, and she let out a whine as she backed away from the bloody scene. "I... I-I'm s-sorry... I-I just c-can't..." She choked out, whirling around and running down the hallway, following the scent of her Master. If I can just get to Master, everything will be okay...
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:10 pm

Jest's ears perked up at the mention of his former pet. She was alive? He knew better than to ask a god its reasons for reviving the two of them, but that didn't stop his curiosity. A warm feeling welled up inside the cyborg and he found himself sporting a wide grin that for once wasn't at another's expense.
    He stood and brushed off the dirt on his knees. Who knew that a centuries old lab was so dusty? It just doesn't work with white clothes. He narrowed his eye as the Overseer mention his ability over cybernetic beings. Jest would have to toe the line around this one, it would have more power over him than a regular being. What with 76% of his anatomy being comprised of cybernetic parts.

As alpha suddenly burst into the room Jest marvelled at the sight of his old companion. mostly at the fact he was not simply bones and rust.
    Jest smirked at the canines words and looked down at Alpha who now sat at his side. "I've only improved, little one."
    Jest leaned down and hugged the canine, running his hands through the pups fur and enjoying the feeling of being close to his companion once again. He was very pleased that Alpha had lasted this long and was back in his rightful place at his masters side.
    Jest stood back up and placed a loving hand on the canines head, absentmindedly stroking him as he turned back to the overseer. " I trust you know the location of Zerinika? I have no intention of leaving my lab so soon, but it would be good to have her back at my side."
    As an after thought Jest jokingly added " Oh great and powerful dragon"
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Obsidian, who had absentmindedly been ignoring the two, perked up at the mention of the she-demon Zerinika. "What? You brought her back?!" His tail lashed, and he growled, narrowing his eyes. He stiffened as The Overseer glance over to him though, a frown forming on the dragon's muzzle. He curled his lip and let out a long, low snarl, but didn't move to attack the omnipotent being - he may be strong and fast, but he wasn't suicidal.

After his one-sided staring match with Obsidian, The Overseer looked back at Jest, sitting back on his haunches, the metal hind foot making a scraping sound as it moved along the floor. <Zerinika is on her way here at this very moment. She will be here in about...>

<... Now.> Suddenly, a loud clicking and thudding noise echoed around their area, and in a couple of moments, a large blue wyvern burst into the room, but saw Obsidian and shrunk back, shaking in fear. Blue eyes met with The Overseer's queer form, before falling on a familiar frame. He eyes brightened immediately and her scared form lifted into a happy - no, overjoyed posture. "Master!" She said happily, lunging for the cyborg, but her wings were open in an act of happiness, however her jump was cut short when Obsidian leapt in front of her, making the wyvern yelp in surprise, skidding to a halt and scrabbling backwards.

The Overseer was on his feet before anyone could even blink, and then was standing in front of Zerinika. <Zerinika is very different than when you remember her, she is no longer a killer. She has no memory of ever being one.> The Overseer hissed, a snarl forming on the omnipotent's muzzle, it was quite the frightening sight as the cybernetic arm crackled with blue electricity and his claws sparked with magenta aura. Obsidian, was not phased.

He paced around The Overseer, eyes never leaving Zerinika. "The truth has been buried, held down by the hand that refuses the carry the burden you built." He hissed at the wyvern, who whined at the seething Rouge's anger. "The lies, do you hear me? The insults, the white flag you refuse to carry." He hissed, his steps rigid with anger. The Overseer's tail whipped towards Obsidian, who jumped backwards, the crack of electricity and magic making his fur stand on end. He glared at the dragon. "I'm letting you know that you don't control me." He growled at the dragon, before looking away and beginning to turn to the exit.

"W-what d-do you m-mean?" Zerinika whimpered, and Obsidian whirled around, snarling. "If you can't get a word in, it's because I don't care what you think. Take a break from the lie you live, erase your scars." He said in a low growl, before walking off. "I'm leaving. There is no way in hell I'm staying here with that insane bitch. Oh yeah, and Jest?" He said, turning away and walking down the corridor. "The Rouges didn't kill Rakata. I did." With that, he sunk into the ground, and disappeared.

((OOC: So, Obsidian just dropped that bomb on the group, and in my next post will be Gravity and Cosmic's death/revival post, then maybe Kathiet's.
    Templar_theJ
    Templar_theJ
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post by Templar_theJ Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:54 am

Kathiet walked back to his lair, shaking his head.What kind of creature would kill something so defenseless? He thought, crossing the gap between buildings. Kathiet sniffed the air, in case there were any werewolf hunters around. But instead of smelling them, Kathiet smelled something different entirely-the smell of charred remains... And recent death. Kathiet headed back to the marketplace, as the smell was the strongest there. Kathiet braced himself, as he returned to werewolf form.

When Kathiet reached the marketplace, it was clear something was wrong. Clue one- the smashed up market stalls. Clue two-the strong smell of burning. Clue three-the really obvious and incriminating dead people. There was an 8'3"‏ body there-with some kind of Armour on that Kathiet had never seen before. There was a windpipe lying on his chest-and his head was merely a charred neck. The other corpse was an 3'11" ‏animal shape- but it was so burned up that Kathiet couldn't see anything else. Kathiet reared up. This fight wasn't his fight-it wasn't his problem. He took one last look at the bodies,  then ran into the darkness.

-Edit by Glass: Templar, if you're going to add in different posts, put them into the same post, but as different paragraphs, like I've done here.-
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:12 pm

Obsidian had never really traveled this far in the shadows before, but it wasn't much different. His paws thudded on the reflective ground, however, unlike a normal refection, it showed him what was on the other side. Currently it was Starshooter, Falx and some other guy - and a whole heap of blood, which was soon healed by Starshooter. Damn mage is so fucking smug. He thought to himself, before pushing against the reflection in a dash, racing forwards until he was at a rather odd area. He looked around him for a moment, before he spotted a familiar body.

It was about his size, roughly feline in shape and the front legs had feathers on them, as well as a clip over the creature's muzzle - not that is hindered it in anyway, Obsidian knew this from experience. Forming out of the shadows, he melted into the ground, before coming up in the material plane next to Rosto's body. A feral grin spread over the Exile's face as he fondly remembered slaughtering the bastard. "You always did get the short end of the stick didn't you Rosto? I was always better than you, and that was something that always seemed to bother you eh? I always win. Always." He mused, his voice dark and evil. A noise nearby caught his attention, and shadows twitched around his paws, curling around them like vines. He stepped forwards, his footfalls deadened by the dark shadows that covered his paws.

Looking around a stall, Obsidian had to quickly duck behind a stall to avoid the golden glare of Phlare, the new leader of the Rouges. Obsidian had to be weary around the Dracine, as he didn't know the Rouge's methods. The Dracine stopped and looked around, making the vulpine freeze as the blind eye's dead gaze fell on him. A grin spread over Phlares face, which made Obsidian bristle up. "Well, well. If it isn't the bastard that killed Zerinika and Rosto. Not to mention these lovely scars I have here." The Rouge's voice was annoying as ever, and Obsidian's muzzle curved up into a grin. "Lets not forget that eye Phlare. How's you're buddy going, oh that's right - He's dead."

Obsidian knew what reaction he'd get, and Phlare didn't disappoint. The Rouge dashed up and slashed at him, but of course, Obsidian wasn't there. He never was. Phlare snarled and whirled around to face Obsidian's smug grin. "Slow as ever. I suppose you should lie down and die now, but then again, you always were a bitch to kill." Obsidian jeered, sidestepping as Phlare whipped out with his tail, the blade missing by only a few inches. "It's been fun brother, but I must be off. Nice seeing you again, tell Serpent I said hello~" With that, shadows swirled around him and in a blink, he was gone.

Obsidian resurfaced in the normal plane a little ways off from the werewolf, his tri-colored eyes gleaming. "And who might you be? Before you ask, I'm Obsidian." He said, looking at the bodies. "Don't you just love the smell of freshly burnt corpses?" He mused, walking over to U'se's body and using a claw to pick up the windpipe that was draped across his chest, before looking at it for a moment, then setting it back down, shakin his paw to get the blood off it. "Then again, it would've been more fun if it'd been me, not my brother. Phlare always did things too quick. I rather a slow, torturous death." He mused, before looking at the werewolf. "Don't you?"

((OOC: Well, Obsidian's lost it aha))
    Templar_theJ
    Templar_theJ
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post by Templar_theJ Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:40 am

"I basically get that every time I turn back anyway." Kathiet said, looking at this new creature. It looked a bit like a fox, but large and mutated. It had a black leather collar, with silver spikes. It also had an unknown blue material necklace, with a black gemstone in the shape of a diamond. It also had four chain mail arm guards, with a similar black diamond gemstone on each of them."I don't know who you are, but could you tell me where I can find an expert on cyborgs and robotics?"
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:42 am

Jest stopped dead in his tracks at Obsidian's words. Not only was Rakata now dead, she had been killed by the mimic? Well wasn't that just fantastic. Set his whole day off.
    Jest's pulse increased, his blood pressure rose and his vision started to cloud. He let out a great sigh and rolled his head back. Anger danced in his blood, the only thing on his mind was Obsidian's words. She. Was. Dead.
    Electricity crackled in the air as his heart beat faster and became even more irregular. Jest gritted his teeth and yelled out Obsidian's name, or what started to be his name but trailed off into meaningless noise. The energies swirled around him like an electric storm. Jests teeth were on edge, he could barely hold himself back from destroying anything in his range of vision.
    His eye snapped closed and he focused on Obsidian's biological signal, which was luckily still in range. The cyborg thrust out his hand in the lupines general direction, sending all of his power towards the already irregular pulse he had targeted. Focusing he could almost feel it in the palm of his hand and his fingers twitched as the electricity ravaged its way into his system before finally reaching the heart.
    Jests lip twitched into a half smile as the organ faltered, still too far to be fatal but just enough. He had missed the sensation. It was almost enlightening. The pacemaker of the heart had been overcharged with the electric waves, sending the excess energy into his blood and lymphatic system. The right valve of Obsidian's heart flooded with blood as the pacemaker faltered, unable to empty it back out, before being triggered by the electricity. Oh how he wanted to cut off the pulse for good, feel it splutter and stop. But he knew there was no chance of that ever happening.
    With great reluctance Jest loosened his grip on the lupines heart and withdrew his influence, leaving Mimic to deal with his heart attack.
    Shaking his head Jest lifted his hand to his face and could his cheeks wet with tears. He wiped them with a small chuckle and looked towards Zerinika, gesturing to her and giving a sad smile.

He shuddered as he looked down at his hands, what he had felt when he touched the lupines heart set his nerves on edge. Whatever it had been, he never wanted to go near it again.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:07 am

Obsidian looked over at werewolf, examining it a bit more now that he had finished examining U'se's body. He grinned at the wolf's question, looking back towards where he came from. "Yes actually, I just came from a group that had a cyborg who was adept at tha-" His sentence was cut off when a sudden pain in his chest exploded outwards, taking his legs from under him, the Exile hit the ground with a rough snarl. He pushed himself to his feet, but he staggered into a stall, his fur bristling up and sticking into the soft wood. Tearing himself free of the wooden stall, he glared towards where he had just come from, his vision going white, before his legs trembled and fell again. "You... Fucking... BASTARD!" He snarled, shadows twitching around his paws, flailing like writhing snakes.

His vision came back and the pain subsided, but now Obsidian was full of rage. "Fine then you fucking gutless, spineless coward. You want to play that game? Bring it on!" He growled, shadows forming around him and making him sink into the ground. He saw Jest in the distance from under the ground in the shadow-space. He snarled and gathered the shadows that hung around the lab, raising them up and sending them hurtling towards Jest. You are leagues above your comfort zone cyborg. He thought, coming back up nearby the werewolf, bristled and snarling in annoyance.

-Well, this is a rather interesting turn. The great Obsidian felled by a heart attack. If I knew you were this weak, I would never of given you the Shadow Freight.- Obsidian growled, his back fur bristling up more. "Fuck off." He hissed at the voice, not even caring about the werewolf behind him. For all he cared, everyone could go fuck off.

The Overseer's head snapped over to where the shadows were hurtling over to Jest. He could see now, if the cybrog didn't move, he'd be skewered, and The Overseer couldn't exactly stand for that - he did just heal the cyborg after all. A magenta shield surrounded Jest and the shadows bounced off and dissipated, before The Overseer floated up into the air, sending a pulse of psychic power to the immediate area, stripping the cyborg and Obsidian of their strength and power, but only enough to stop them from squabbling with each other. <Are you children done squabbling?>
    Templar_theJ
    Templar_theJ
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post by Templar_theJ Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:18 am

Kathiet wondered what his reaction to all this should be."What the fuck is going on!?"It wasn't necessarily what he meant to say, but it would do. He turned to leave, but turned around again.Kathiet couldn't see through the crack in the ceiling, but he poked his head through the crack. He could see a big animal, in the shape of a fox. It was staring at a pixie, by the looks of it. The shadows seemed to be holding the pixie at eye level. The fox cut off the pixies head. The shadows surrounded the pixie, and melted it.
    "Wait....."Kathiet said, looking back at the fox,"Wasn't it you who killed that pixie?"

Last edited by Templar_theJ on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:38 am; edited 2 times in total
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:33 am

Jest looked up in surprise at the Overseer and gave what could be an innocent smile. "Why of course, sir."
    He glanced back at the shadows that had nearly speared him and resisted making a face at Obsidian, who no doubt had some way of viewing him. Jest let out the breath he didn't know he was holding and reminded himself to thank the Overseer at a later date for saving his life for the second time.
    The cyborg moved towards the shadows on the wall, reaching out to touch the shield that protected him. It was made of an intriguing substance and he longed to take a sample. He poked it with the tip of his tail which slipped right through it. Ah, that will make it tricky to grab then. Can't touch it with anything physical i assume. Jest shrugged and let the thought go.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:49 am

The Overseer looked down at Jest, frowning. <You are a child. A childish child.> He said, waving his tail. A jar appeared in front on Jest, filled with the same substance that was surrounding him. <There. You child.> He said but he was smiling as he said it. He floated down to the ground again, looking over at Zerinika, who was looking around fearfully, leaning against Jest, her tail curling around the cyborg, whether or not it was to protect her Master or herself, she didn't quite know herself.

Obsidian looked over his shoulder to glare at the werewolf. "Oh nothing, just a fucking bastard being a complete idiot. Said idiot is actually the cyborg I was talking about earlier. I wouldn't recommend going there though - he's a fucking retarded idiot." He hissed, turning to fully face the werewolf. It was about 6'5", practically doubling his own height of 3'11". The werewolf was a sort of dark grey color - almost the same shade as his own dark fur, maybe a little darker. It's right hand was a mess of broken wires and metal plates, a twisted pile of crap that was practically useless.

It's right eye was essentially the same, but not quite. It was a mess of wires that sparked with useless electricity, and metal plates covered most of the right side of their face, each plate was buckled and bent beyond repair, and more snapped and frayed wires sparked from these plates. If Obsidian were more Cheetah or Gravity, he'd of pitied the creature - but of course, he didn't really give any fucks at that moment.

The sound of claws hitting the cold ground caused Obsidian to swing around, before jumping to the side to avoid a rock being hurled at him. A dark navy blur shot past, but Obsidian dodged this attacker as well. Jumping backwards, Obsidian landed on a stall, his claws digging into the wood, the wood groaning from the pressure his paws her forcing on it. "Well, even if it's two against one, your chances of beating me is absolutely zero." He sneered, jumping off the stall to dodge another rock. Landing a few feet away from the dark blue and gold Absol that was attacking, Obsidian lashed out with his tail, scoring a gash along the Absol's face, above her eye.

Blood ran down Gravity's face as she glared at Obsidian, her horn glowing blue as she ripped a chunk of rock from the ground and threw it at Obsidian, who jumped up onto the rock and then lunged for Gravity, however he was tackled from the air by Cosmic, who sent them into a stall, the wood splintering as they hit. Obsidian's jaws latched onto Cosmic's scruff and he threw the vulpine away, before running at the wounded Umbreon, lunging for Cosmic's throat. The Umbreon moved just in time, with Obsidian's jaws only getting fur as they clamped together with a snap.

Cosmic ran off to the side, rebounding off a stall and landing on Obsidian's back. Obsidian grinned and his back fur bristled, the sharp spines digging into the Umbreon's paws, making Cosmic howl in pain. Jumping off, Cosmic fell as he landed, his paws to sore to support his weight. Obsidian went to finish off the vulpine, but he was forced to dodge another rock that was thrown at him. He caught the rock with the shadows, and threw it back. Gravity, taken by surprise was hit, making her fall to the ground. Obsidian raced up, jumping into the air and bringing his claws down on Gravity's face, blinding her.

Obsidian then used his tail to slit the Absol's throat, before advancing on Cosmic, who was staring at his sister's dead body in horror. "You killed her... You fucking bastard!" He snarled, struggling to his paws and dashing at Obsidian, his eyes shining in fury. A dark aura pulse flew at Obsidian, who was hit by the dark pulse. He hit a nearby stall, the stone cracking as he hit it, blood from his back smearing the grey slab.

Obsidian got to his paws, a feral grin spreading over his muzzle as blood formed a thin trickle down his mouth. "Ooh, the fox has a bite - that hurt." He taunted, and it was obvious Cosmic's attack had hurt, his fur was ragged and blood dripped from his mouth and nose - never a good sign. Obsidian sunk into the shadows, coming up beside Cosmic his tail blade hovering at the vulpine's throat. Immediately Cosmic froze, snarling at Obsidian who grinned. "Not so tough yet now eh?" He chuckled, walking to face Cosmic, his tail blade slowly putting pressure on Cosmic's neck until a thin line of blood trickled down the silver surface of the blade. "Maybe you shouldn't of charged in recklessly. You'd still be alive that way." He muttered, flicking the blade across Cosmic's throat, moving away to let the vulpine fall onto the ground, blood pooling around him. He looked up at Obsidian as his vision faded, his eyes full of utter hatred as his muzzle twisted into a snarl. "You're... not... getting away... with... this." He gurgled, earning a chuckle from Obsidian. "Why Cosmic, I already have."

((OOC: Edited to show Obsidian's reaction to Kathiet))
    Templar_theJ
    Templar_theJ
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post by Templar_theJ Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:44 pm

"Okay....Kathiet said, his anger rising at the sight of innocents slaughtered,"WHY DID YOU KILL THEM?!"He ran closer to the creature, readying his claws, his eyes blazing with hate."I understand self-defence," howled at the creature-at the monster, and moved even closer,"And revenge.... But THIS?!" Kathiet aimed his attack, and slashed the monster's face.     (This was really difficult to write on a phone, so I'm sorry for any mistakes)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content