Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising! Will you succumb to the impending madness? Or perhaps live long enough to reach the realm of the sun?

+5
Loony
Radiant Spark
Darkspirit
Funnio987
Gunia
9 posters

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising - Page 27 Empty Re: Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Post by Glass Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:34 pm

((It's all good~ Now I can have a hell of a time writing stuff ;3))

Obsidian turned in time to not get the werewolf's claws across his face, but instead across his muzzle. Scoring deep gashes across his maw, Obsidian snarled as he whirled around, his teeth flashing as he went to bite down on his attacker's arm. Just as he was about to hit his attack though, something teleported in front of him and he hit a wall of psychic aura, sending him flying backwards. The Overseer's tail flicked and a lightning bolt arced across the omnipotent dragon's tail, jumping across onto Obsidian, sending his back a few feet. <You want to test me Obsidian?> The Overseer snarled, his tail twitching as it glowed with a psychic aura.

Obsidian was lifted into the air, surrounded by a magenta light. You could practically see the dread in his face. "Oh fuck." Was all he got out before The Overseer's tail lashed and he was sent flying into the side of the Clock Tower. The impact was so powerful that the stones cracked where Obsidian had hit, spiderwebbing out from the area. Obsidian fell to the ground and struggled to hit paws, snarling. No sooner than he had however, The Overseer twitched his tail again and Obsidian floated into the air, before being flung into the ground at The Overseer and Katheit's feet. By now Obsidian had been knocked unconscious, but The Overseer just twitched his tail again, and Obsidian floated up into the air, almost to the top of the Clock Tower, where he hung in the air for a moment, limp.

The Overseer looked at the bodies of Gravity and Cosmic, growling. <As for these two...> He said raising his cybernetic limb and clicking his claws. Gravity and Cosmic flashed a magenta glow and then they were standing, alive and confused. They looked to the Overseer, confused, then up at Obsidian who was still hanging limp in the air. The Overseer grinned and twitched the tip of his tail downwards, sending Obsidian hurtling down to the ground, the fox hitting the ground do hard it left a large crater at The Overseer's feet.

-Bravo, brilliant job Obsidian, oh wait, you can't answer because you're unconscious. Well aren't you useless then? It was only a little scratch, sure almost every bone is broken, but no vitals were punctured, get up you lazy cur. The voice taunted, and Obsidian's fur was covered in shadows. Bones slid back into place with audible scrapes and clicks, a before the fox lay still, no longer in quite as awkward a position. Obsidian's eyes opened, and he glared at The Overseer. "You bastard..." He hissed, getting to his paws, swaying slightly. He shook his head and then looked up at The Overseer, his muzzle soaked in blood from Kathiet's attack. He jumped at The Overseer, shadows flaring. When he got within attacking range however, The Overseer disappeared, taking Gravity, Cosmic and Kathiet with him.

They came up a little ways off from the entrance to the Lab, where Gravity and Cosmic were finally able to get their bearings. They looked up at the omnipotent dragon, unable to speak from shock. <You're welcome.> The Overseer simply said, and the two nodded, turning and walking back down the corridor. The Overseer then turned to Kathiet. <That was a stupid move you pulled. Had I of not been there Obsidian would of slaughtered you, werewolf or not. He is ruthless, deceptive and merciless. Try not to underestimate your opponents, Kathiet.>
    Templar_theJ
    Templar_theJ
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post by Templar_theJ Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:14 am

Kathiet felt the familiar feeling of:What the fuck is going on?!Today had been a very weird day for him. He was trying to work out what the fuck was going on, when he realized he could just ask. He cautiously walked closer to the NEW mysterious creature he had never seen before, and began to speak."Thanks for the advice..... Who are you?"
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:02 pm

The Overseer looked at Kathiet with an amused smile playing on his muzzle. <Amusing you ask who I am when the first question you mortals usually ask is 'how do you know my name?' or 'how do you know what I am?' You're queer aren't you? As for who I am...> The Overseer looked over to the Clock Tower where even from here they could see the cracks in the stone. <I am The Overseer, ruler of The Ruin Spirits and the creator of The Ruins. It is my presence here that keeps these walls from collapsing in on your head, and it is because of me that a lot of the residents here are less than human, or are mutated from their original anatomic form. Obsidian is a prime example of this. He used to be a simple fox that had stowed away on a ship. He set foot on this island and mutated into the creature he is now. You are another example. Same with the village you used to live in. I traveled the world before I came here, and wherever I went humans and creatures alike morphed into beings of legend. Dragons, phoenixes, vampires... Werewolves.>

The Overseer spared a glance towards Kathiet. <I'm sure you are feeling a whole spectrum of feelings right now. Hate, confusion, dismay, awe... Maybe even wonder. You probably want to ask questions that I will not answer at this point in time. Know this Kathiet - You needn't fear Death's embrace. It is coming for you sooner than you might wish to know, but by what I cannot disclose. This is set in stone, it cannot be changed. How soon you leave this plain of existence however, is bendable. Know that, although you will leave the corporeal plain, it will not be for long.> The Overseer told the Werewolf, blue lightning arcing from his cybernetic arm and to Kathiet's cyborg parts. Metal materialized from the air and fitted over the broken machinery, fixing the werewolf so that it no longer looked half dead from the broken cyborg parts. <These cybertronic parts will only last till the next time to turn into a werewolf. They will shrink when you change back, but they will break when you change back into your were-beast form. Try not to waste this gift, as the next one will not be for free.> The Overseer said, turning to walk back over to the other group. He stopped and his head turned to face Kathiet. <You have a lot of anger and guilt inside you. Try to let it go - the death of your village is not your fault.> With that he twitched his tail, teleporting over to Starshooter, Falx, Mend and Thomas, out of Kathiet's view.

<Greetings mages. You seem to be having quite the conversation. Mend, I see you have found your brother - though I disapprove of you trying to kill Zerinika. Be nice to her, she has no memory if what happened before she started up The Rouges. Which means she isn't the wyvern you knew.> The Overseer said, shifting his head to face Thomas. The mage's aura was overlain with a faint shadowy energy. A dark mage? Interesting. The Overseer mused to himself, before facing Starshooter. <And Silvas - You look to be doing well.> Starshooter blinked looking up to face The Overseer, his silver eyes widening in surprise.

"Ah, Overseer, apologies, had I of known you were visiting out group I would of prepared a gift. What might you be doing with our little misfit band may I ask?" The archmage asked, giving the omnipotent dragon a respectful bow. The dragon chuckled, the telepathic laugh light and amused. <I'm just mingling with the mortals for a little bit. No disrespect intended, Silvas. Silvas nodded at The Overseer's words, smiling. "It's Starshooter, if you would Overseer." Silvas asked the dragon respectfully and The Overseer nodded. <As you wish, Starshooter.>
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:46 pm

Inuk was a bit lost at all that just happed in the last few minutes first the mage and flax run off then Jest faints like a little kid after that a magic dragon appears to save Jest next was the talking dog, not like Inuk had any place to judge there, never mind the resurrection of Zeranika and crazy Obsidian it was like the lab of surprises. Inuk was thinking about what might happen next, all he knew was that he had to ready for anything.

Kira thought that the loud screech would not have been caused by any normal thing and that it may not be good to alert the thing that she was nearby. However Kira was not just going to just sit here forever so she decided that there was not much to lose by letting the thing know she was here. “Hey is anyone there!!!” Kira yelled, hoping that the thing would at least be able to understand human talk.
    Templar_theJ
    Templar_theJ
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post by Templar_theJ Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:30 pm

Kathiet pondered the Overseers words. He needn't fear deaths embrace? And it is coming sooner than he'd wish to know? The Overseer was mystical indeed.......The death of my village wasn't my fault?Kathiet thought, then shook it off. Too many mysterious things had happened today... He needed to stay on track.... He had to survive. Kathiet sniffed the air. He could still smell the Overseer, and a faint trace of Obsidian. Kathiet  turned right to face the hallway. He unsheathed his sword, and followed the faint smell.

Moving through the hallway, Kathiet found the smell a little more noticeable. He reached a point in the hallway where he located the source. It was a area of discolored stone bricks, covering the floor and half the walls. He could tell that a large battle had taken place, a very long time ago. He could just make out a few grains of sand, that seemed quite mystical. He continued down the hall, when he noticed something strange. Part of the wall did not emanate the same smell, and just looked odd to Kathiet... He placed his right hand on the wall, and felt it go through. The wall wasn't really a wall, it was a fake, and a good fake at that. He took a deep breath, and walked through.

As Kathiet walked through the wall, he felt the ground shift around him and the stone suddenly became a pure white slab of white stone that extended for meters. The stone brick wall became littered with gemstones of all types, but when he reached to touch one, a spark of electricity arced from the wall to his hand, shocking him enough to withdraw. Okay, bad idea. He thought, shaking his hand to get rid of the excess static. Taking a few hesitant steps, under his feet the white stone glowed with each step, illuminating his form as he walked along the bejeweled corridor.

As he neared the end of the corridor, Kathiet came to a set of stairs leading to a small platform that floated over, well, nothing. To his left were two floating islands, one was covered in sand that fell over the sides like a waterfall, falling into the void below and disappearing. The other was a completely clear platform that was littered with colorful lights, that when he looked closer, Kathiet determined them as a vision of the stars. On each platform was a single portal that was bordered by the same material the platform was, each portal shone with an ethereal glow that sent and involuentary shudder up Kathiet's spine.

Looking to his right, there was another two platforms with a portal on each. One was made of a substance that shifted around his vision as he looked at it, making it near impossible to focus on. The whole platform emitted a white glow that seemed to resonate from nothing but itself. The other platform was made of a dark stone that had frost forming on the outer edges, emitting a chilly mist that froze Kathiet's breath in the air. Shadows formed a portal in the center of the platform, the darkness drinking on the light from the platorm beside it like a black hole. Moving his gaze away from the dark platform, Kathiet looked towards the platform in the very center of the other four.

Just by being near it, Kathiet felt the incredible power that resonated from this platform. A simple stone statue stood on it, the dragon depicted on it was rearing up on it's hind legs, holding the Earth in it's front claws like a king surveying it's domiain. The Overseer's statue looked rather disheartening compared to the other platforms, but the simple power it emitted was enough to make Kathiet feel rather humble in it's presence. Moving down the stairs to the platform, Kathiet looked up at The Overseer's statue, perplexed as to why the platform didn't have a portal on it.

Before he had too much time to wonder over why, a sound emitted to his left, and Kathiet looked at the platforms, namely the one that was covered in sand. The portal became covered in a waterfall of sand, and from the falling sand a dragon stepped out. Golden scales glistened with a queer hue that made Kathiet look twice. It had a snake-like form that reminded him of a Chinese dragon with long legs. On each shoulder was a silver marking that looked like an hourglass, and on closer inspection, the sand within the hourglass moved intependent of the dragon's limbs, as though gravity was effecting it even though it was a marking on the dragon's scales. It had silver claws and two silver horns that swept back behind it's head like a European dragon's as it looked over Kathiet with an ice blue gaze that made the werewolf take a couple of steps back. "Who're you?" He asked hesitantly, regarding the golden dragon with curiousity and repressed awe.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Jest's lip twitched and he snatched the jar out of the air. " Curiosity is merely a requirement of human nature" Jest rebuked with an annoyed tilt of his head. " Have you ever spent time with children? I assure you that I am not as accurate a fit to that accusation as you think."
    By the time Jest had finished speaking the Overseer had teleported elsewhere, leaving Jest speaking to no one. He rubbed a hand over his face to regain composure: having grown up in a large family he was all too familiar with children and was momentarily angered that he was accused of still being in that life/mental stage.

He passed the jar from hand to hand, wondering in which storage device he should keep it. After coming to a sound conclusion, he used his cybernetic arm to open a rift.
    Slicing through the air he opened one of the labs pre-constructed channels, basically a small energetic rift that held the deconstructed matter of items inside of it, and reconstructed the matter when you removed items from the rift. This particular channel was linked everywhere inside the lab so you could open it whenever you liked to access the items.

Jest placed the jar inside and closed the rift again. He didn't like using the channels but he also didn't like the idea of placing the jar somewhere it would get lost amongst the gore and broken machinery. It would be an interesting object for future study.

The cyborg shook his arm at the familiar tingling sensation of contact with rift matter and hummed a nonchalant tune. This must be very fun. Yes, standing around while the others are progressing was the epitome of excitement.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:39 pm

((OOC: Screw it, I'm tired of waiting :/))
    The Overseer looked over towards where he knew Jest was, an amused smile on his muzzle. He looked over at Silvas, and the mage shrugged. The Overseer teleported back to Jest and the others in time to heard the end of the cyborg's short little rant. <Apologies, I just had to go settle something with the resident exiled Rouge. I am sad about my clock tower though.> The Overseer said, just as Starshooter teleported back over to them. <And Jest, to a being like myself, you are still very young, even with how long you've been alive for. Your antics are childish at best, and you often under appreciate others. The prime example is like you were with Obsidian. The fox is more powerful than he lets on, and he knows it. What you've been seeing in terms of his power is only a tiny piece of what The Spirit of Darkness gave him. The Shadow Freight is an extremely powerful ability, and when used correctly, it can rival even my own power. You gave Obsidian the cold shoulder and shunned him out of  pure ignorance Jest, and had I not of been around earlier, you would of been skewered by the shadows he sent after you. So yes, I call you a child because you play ignorant to creatures that have more power than you can see at first glance.> The Overseer said to Jest, irritation obvious in his voice.

Silvas went over to Jest, slinging an am around the cyborg's shoulders. "Maybe try not to annoy the omnipotent being okay Jest? I don't think you want to be smited." Silvas said, looking up to watch The Overseer curiously.

The Time Spirit flew over to hover beside the werewolf, her blue and silver eyes studying them quietly. ~I am the Time Spirit. Ruler of the Sands that shift with everyone's timelines. May I ask what you are doing here? You must of come for a gift from one of us Ruin Spirits, have you not?~ She asked, tilting her head slightly.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Jest had to forcfily bite down on his tongue to stop himself from retorting to the Overseers remarks. He muttered something about wars and assumptions under his breath and slid his tail across the ground to lie at his feet.
    "Think what you like, but know that my actions were not born out of ignorance of all things.... I have seen my fair share of events my friend, I have a grasp of what scale that power of his is on. He's simply awfully secretive about such an exclusive ability, and not all of us want to sell ourselves to know more." He paused and gave the dragon a smirk."I give dear mimic more than enough affection, unless he's being shy about wanting more? "

Jest leaned against starshooter and licked his lips, the taste of his blood was disgusting. Jest rubbed a hand across his mouth absentmindedly removing the discoloured liquid his tongue had left behind. The cyborg tilted his head back to look at the taller mage and gave a smile. " I think the same. Let's save the smiting for an endgame encounter, alright Mr. babysitter?" Jest pleasantly addressed the overseer, already putting the earlier conversation out of his mind.
    Jest studied Starshooter for a moment before leaning towards him and licking his neck, personal space be damned. He frowned in disappointment when he tasted no residue from the teleporting. There was some magic there, but not the tasty kind. So much for wanting to drive the strong taste of blood away.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:22 am

((OOC: That post just made my day |D))
    The Overseer growled quietly, tail lashing. Just as it seemed the omnipotent dragon was going to reply to Jest, The Overseer moved his head away, watching as Gravity and Cosmic came into the room. <Ah, good. You made it back in one piece.> The Overseer mused, and Cosmic looked over towards The Overseer, slightly confused. "How did you manage to do that? You just threw Obsidian around like he was nothing, even with his powers." Cosmic asked, and The Overseer chuckled slightly. <Powerful though he is, Obsidian is still able to be levitated with telekinesis.> The Overseer mused, about to say something out loud when Silvas pulsed with magic from Jest licking him, making the omnipotent dragon stiffen slightly. In his vision, Silvas pulsed slightly with a silver glow as the mage moved Jest away slightly. The Overseer frowned, before relaxing. Starshooter was startled by the sudden contact, and he physically glowed silver from using his magic to stop Jest from touching any further. He moved Jest to the side, looking down at the cyborg with a glare, his silver eyes glowing slightly. "I advise against doing that if you please Jest." Silvas said, crossing his arms and looking away from Jest.
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:09 am

Inuk stared at Jest for a few seconds, I wonder if that’s the way a cyborg confesses his love Inuk thought to himself but his thoughts were interrupted by some sort of yell. ”Uh Jest there aren’t ghosts or half dead prisoners in your lab, right?
    Inuk said while looking in the direction that the sound came from and moving a bit closer to Cheetah, since being in lab with blood stained walls and skeletons wasn’t scary enough
    there had to be weird noises coming from a dark hallway.

Kira waited for a reply or a noise to start up again, however she waited in silence. A small sigh escaped from Kira and an anxious feeling swept over her,
    Kira let out a really loud moan of annoyance as she went to fall backwards and uncross her legs, forgetting how small the cage is, Kira was not to happy when her back hit the thick metal poles.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:21 am

Jest tilted his head in confusion, before realising what the problem may be. " ah, my apologies. I forget my actions are not common place in your culture." Jest held his hands up slightly to show he would not advance again and smiled an apology.
    The cyborg mused over the sight of Starshooters glowing eyes, really wanting to see them again but not daring to approach the mage.

He turned his head and raised an eyebrow at Inuks question. "Ghosts? No. However prisoners are entirely possible." He grinned and played with the idea of teasing the poor mutt.

(( I'm super happy that it did Glass :D
    Inuks thoughts made me laugh. In answer to it, no. cyborgs are not that subtle in confessions. ))
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:16 am

((OOC: Look at us, up and posting! We should make this a post party ;3))
    Silvas shrugged. "That's fine, just I'm not fussed on that." He mused, looking over at Inuk at his inquiry. Bringing his hand up, a holographic 3D map of their area came up, spinning slightly so that they could view all the areas around them. An amber light shone nearby, indicating something else that had the same intelligence as the others. A little ways off was a red dot showing Obsidian as an enemy. "Just a few others. Not too many."
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:29 am

((I agree))

Inuks whole body shivered, he was not really liking this situation at all"Well if it is a prisoner should we go set him free?"
    Inuk said while looking at the new magic map Starshooter made.
    Inuk was curious like all dogs are so he walked over to starShooter. "Can I touch it?" Inuk asked while looking up at the great mage and (thinking that starshooter was not like the others sine he healed him) Inuk asked another question that may bring his life to an end "Starshooter, are you in a romantic relationship with Jest?"
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:48 am

Silvas gave Inuk a confused look, moving his hand so that Inuk could try to touch the hologram. "As far as I know, no Inuk, I am not." Starshooter said, slightly annoyed. "I advise you steer away from such questions though." Silvas said, looking over towards The Overseer. "What might your opinion be Overseer? Should we go to the prisoner?" He asked the omnipotent dragon, who sniffed the air for a moment. <I sense no dangerous vibes from them. I say yes. It's your decision however. I'm merely here to tag along for a bit until one of my Ruin Spirits needs me for something. I need to mingle with mortals more often, you're quite amusing, yourself excluded from the mortal group Starshooter.> The Overseer said, and Silvas gave a respectful bow. "I'm sure they are. Jest here is quite... Amusing as you'd put it, and Dali is a rather interesting vampiric specimen." He said, pointing over at Dali.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Jest smirked at Inuks question and Starshooters answer, both of them were quite amusing.
    "He's missing out on so much" Jest sarcastically mentioned to Inuk. His tail slowly swung back and forth playfully.

He gave a small bow at the Overseer and Starshooters mention of him. "Perhaps you would like me to show you the cells? The walk there is my favourite." His eye glinted darkly at the mention of the 'most entertaining' optional route.

((This is good yeah? Yeah. Typing interesting word structures is hard man. ))
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:22 pm

((OOC: Much sarcasm, very wow.))

Silvas shrugged. "Sure~ Lead on Jest." He said, looking over at Cheetah who seemed to perk up at something. "I smell something. It smells familiar..." She said, looking around cautiously. "Like a dog or a... Wolf..." She said, before looking over at Alpha. "Um, is there a blue-eyed wolf around here that has dark colors on it's back and a green collar?" She asked the cydog, and Alpha thought for a moment. "Hmm... Ah! Yes! We do! They said that they had a companion that looked like you. Just give me a moment." Alpha said, trotting over to a dark corridor that only the cydog could get through. A few minutes later Alpha came back, followed by a young wolf that had blue eyes and a green collar that said 'Ash'. Cheetah brightened up, racing over to the wolf and tackling it with a hug. "Ash!" She said, and the wolf barked happily, licking Cheetah's face in greeting as Cheetah hugged the young wolf tightly.
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:40 pm

"I can never tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not" Inuk said while moving to put his hand in the hologram.Once his finger came in contact with the hologram Inuk stopped all movement,
    Then slowly immersed his whole hand in the hologram. When Inuk pulled his hand out he stared at it as if it was covered in some alien slime, Inuks attention was drawn away from his hand when Cheetah spoke, it felt like she hadn't spoken for a really long time,
    And she was hugging a new dog. "Alpha, are you hiding anything else in here, like no more dragons?
    Templar_theJ
    Templar_theJ
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post by Templar_theJ Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Kathiet stared at the Spirit, fascinated. He took a moment to compose his thoughts."Yes.... I suppose I am..." He said,stepping ever so slightly closer to the Spirit."If you know my timeline, you know what I'm afraid of...." Kathiet took a deep breath."Can you tell me how I'll die?"
    (Sorry for the short paragraph, but I don't have much else to say on Kathiet's side of things)
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:41 am

((Harbinger Post for Thomas, Falx and Mend))
    Obsidian walked on top of the roof of the Inn they had found U'se at. He muttered to himself, ignoring as the voice in his head continued to mock him.

-I mean, seriously. You're being weak. Go on Obsidian, teach The Overseer a lesson. Your powers are free to be used now, go spill some blood, make an example.-
    "Well if you're so intent on killing, why don't you do it yourself you dick? I am not your sock puppet."
    -I would, but I am currently incapacitated because I have been chained up. The first thing I would do is make an example out of your sorry ass.-
    "Oh wow, I'm shaking. Keep dreaming you over-pompous egotistical maniac."
    -Oh look, he's using big words to scare me. How childish.-
    "Shut up."

Obsidian got to his paws, jumping own onto the ground and walking off. He turned a corner and stopped, looking around cautiously. "All right, whoever it is tailing me, come out now and I'll make your death quick." He growled, looking around. He glanced to his right as Phlare came out of the shadows and strode up to Obsidian like a suave cat. The fox narrowed his eyes at the Dracine, growling. "What do you want Phlare?" He muttered, to which the Rouge grinned.

"Oh nothing much. Just wondering if you wanted to join me in a hunt?" He asked, and Obsidian perked up, giving Phlare a grin of his own. "Sounds like fun. Where to?" He asked, following Phlare as the Dracine led them to a familiar trio. Falx and Mend were there as well as a mage of some sort. Obsidian grinned. "Oh this will be fun. The two guys that have the weapons can change into an inverted look of themselves and are a lot faster and harder to kill, the mage is probably just a beginner or it would of sensed us by now."
    "All right. Take out the mage first, then the two pretty boys."

Obsidian nodded, sinking into the ground and into the Parallel Shadow Realm underneath their feet. Racing over to the Mage, Obsidian gritted his teeth, his form flaring with shadows. "If you want blood spilled, you better help out." Obsidian growled, his voice echoing in this realm. The voice sighed and the shadows around Obsidian grew larger and more powerful. Obsidian lunged out of the ground in front of the mage, landing in between them. The trio let out a startled cry, stepping away from the Exile, who grinned evilly. Getting ready to jump, Obsidian snickered. "Let me give you a taste of my world Mage." He said, lunging at the mage and spreading the shadows from himself to the mage, taking them both into the world under their own.

They landed heavily on the shadowy ground, and Obsidian broke away. "You do not have the Shadow Freight, so you will never escape this realm. You will be taken by the shadowbeasts that live here." With that, Obsidian jumped back up onto the material plane and facing Falx. He turned to eye Mend and nodded to Phlare who was sneaking up on Falx. "Goodbye Mend, it's a real shame you didn't last longer you know." He said, lunging for Mend.

They landed in a roll, with Mend bringing his sword up to block. Obsidian caught the blade in his jaws and sunk his claws into Mend's chest, getting a cry from him. Obsidian tore the sword from Mend's hands, before bringing his tail blade around to Mend's neck in time for Phlare to jump at Falx, knocking him forwards and on his stomach. Falx's head hit the ground with a sickening crack, and blood pooled from the impact area. "And now the roles are reversed. The younger brother gets to see his older brother die right in front of him. It's a shame you won't live through this time." Obsidian said, tracing a line across Mend's neck and up his face, marking it in red as the blood started dripping from his face. Taking the blade away from Mend's face, and just to make the moment last longer, Obsidian licked some of the blood from his tail blade. He grinned down at Mend, his muzzle now painted with Mend's own blood. "Tastes like failure." He snickered, before stabbing his tail blade through Mend's neck. Without another word, he decapitated Mend, jumping off his corpse, he went to join his half brother. With a nod to Phlare, Obsidian dove into the shadows, just in time to see the shadows take the mage he had dragged under there and rip the mage to shreds. All that was left was the scepter, which hit the ground and shattered.

With a flick of his tail, Obsidian raced off, reappearing at the top of the Clock Tower as he surveyed The Last Citadel with eyes that had a new tint to them. Eyes that had slight bit more of a darker shadowy tint to them.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Alpha snickered, before the Cydog shook his head. "Nope! The only others I can think of are Master's five other Cydogs, but they have the mental capacity of a three year old." Alpha said, leaning up against Jest and wagging his tail "Zerinika was the only dragon Master ever had." He added, looking over at the blue wyvern that came over to Jest and Alpha, using her folded wings as front legs as she walked over. Her gait was slightly lopsided because of the lack of talons on her wings, but the soon got used to it as she rested her head on Jest's head. "Hey Master, why does everyone except the mage with the silver eyes and The Overseer seem agitated around me? I didn't do anything bad to them did I Master?" She asked, looking over at Gravity and Cosmic who gave Zerinika a glare. The blue wyvern's ears fell and she frowned. "If I did, I don't remember it, I'm sorry..."

The Time Spirit walked around the werewolf, her silver and blue eyes watching them carefully. ~Yes, I can do that. Close your eyes please.~ She said, flicking her tail as sand swirled up around her tail and claws, before moving to cover Kathiet. In the werewolf's vision, he was seeing himself fighting another werewolf, and the opponent was winning. The two sparred and fought, where Kathiet finally turned the tables and killed the other werewolf with his gunsword. Just as Kathiet got up however, another werewolf attacked, skewering Kathiet in the chest with a dagger. Katheit looked down at the dagger for a moment, dumbfounded, before he finally fell forwards, dead. The other werewolf, rolled Kathiet over and removed the dagger, cleaning the blade and walking off, not even saying anything. The vision faded and the sand returned to The Time Spirit, who watched Katheit carefully. ~Now this is not set in stone. You will die soon however - that is inevitable, but it may not be in this way. This is only one way that I can see, and it's the most probable.~ She said, nodding respectfully to Kathiet.
    Templar_theJ
    Templar_theJ
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post by Templar_theJ Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:41 am

Kathiet was overwhelmed by what he saw. Not only was he going to die, but he was going to be stabbed in the back by a dagger he knew all to well.. He looked up to the Time Spirit, and composed his thoughts."Uh.. Thank you for showing me, Time Spirit, it has been most helpful."He turned around, and left.

Kathiet walked out of the Ruin Spirits bizarre world, and returned to the old hallway. He looked at the way he came, and walked towards the opposite way.

Fenrir watched Kathiet walk through the hallway, his sword out. Fenrir smiled a bitter smile. Perhaps he suspects something, He thought.That fucking asshole.He smiled even more bitterly, and followed Kathiet, sticking to the shadows.
    (Yay! Plot and a new character!)
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:46 am

Jest smirked down at Alpha with an amused glint in his eye.  "Careful now, three year olds are very devious creatures. You're lucky I programmed them correctly or they'd have a revenge mechanism for offhand comments"

He stroked Zerinikas head comfortingly and closed his eye. How much information would upset her delicate mind? Jest wanted to find out, but somehow doubted that the Overseer would fix any extra mental damage. Best to play it safe and slowly build up her stability against shocking revelations and her past deeds.
    "I'm afraid there were complications, my dear. You were not yourself and did many terrible things."
    Jest opened his eye and continued on with a determined voice "However you should not be held accountable for those deeds. Indeed that creature shared your name and body but she was not you. "
    He directed the last comment towards those in the room that openly showed the wyvern hostility.

He gave her a crooked smile. "Know that whatever you may learn about the past were not your own deeds, but those of an alteration of yourself had certain events not taken place." The cyborg spoke in a soft, almost comforting tone.

Jest unwound himself from his pets, it was about time they went in search of the prisoner. Enough sappy atmosphere.
    "All those who wish to confirm the level of supernatural activity in this lab follow me. Those who don't, prepare for the possible arrival of another wanderer.Or the news of a ghost inhabitant" Jest called over his shoulder as he made his way out of the room and down a corridor, a skip in his step and the familiar excitement of unveiling the unknown buzzing in his chest.
    Templar_theJ
    Templar_theJ
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post by Templar_theJ Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:57 am

Kathiet walked down the corridor, and sniffed. He could smell several creatures, but nothing too worrying. He continued down the path, and started to smell what could be a laboratory nearby. As Kathiet got closer to where the it should be, he sheathed his sword. He didn't want to display a bad impression, especially because he could smell more than one creature. Kathiet stopped, as he was an arms length away from where the creatures were located. He took a moment to compose himself, and walked into the lab.

(Yes! Finally Kathiets going to meet some of the other characters! Sorry if I made any mistakes about the lab and the area around it!)
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:37 am

Stretching her wings, Cheetah followed Jest deeper into the lab, her radioactive green eyes sweeping back over their group. "Hey Jest... Do you think Obsidian will return?" She said, her usually strong voice wavered slightly and she cursed herself quietly, returning to brood in her thoughts. Tick, clink, tick clink, tick, clink, tick, clink. She listened to The Overseer's alternating footsteps as organic claws hit the steel ground followed by cybernetic claws and then back to organic. Surprisingly, it was The Overseer who answered her question. <Obsidian's return is inevitable, however you will not recognize the fox that will be in front of you when he does return.>

For the first time since joining the group, Silver spoke up. "So, he could come up and kill us without us even recognizing him?" The Overseer chuckled quietly. <Not quite. You will see what I mean when we run into the fox again.> Silver growled quietly, looking back to Shari'a, who had followed them in. "What do they mean by that?" She asked the green dragon privately, but she just shrugged, shaking her head. "I do not know Silver." Silver huffed quietly, before turning back to the group as Shari'a disappeared. She stayed behind, scanning over the room. There was certainly a lot of blood everywhere, and Silver's mind twisted to send her imaginings of what might of happened. Growling quietly, she shoved the images away, mentally telling Insanity to piss off.

At her Master's words, Zerinika nodded, looking back at the others with her blue eyes before following Jest, tailed by Alpha who started humming a tune that he remembered from when Jest was doing his experiments. "Say Master? What are we going to do if it's a ghost?" He asked, looking up at the cyborg. An amused chuckle made the cydog look behind them to see Starshooter following. "I hate to spoil it, but I highly believe it is not a ghost." He mused, folding his arms as he followed close behind Jest.

((OOC: Maybe now I can shake off this pesky Writer's Block.))
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:26 am

(( oh man did i get carried away with this XD ))

Jest smiled in agreement at their conversation while nodding his head slightly to the tune Alpha had been humming.
    The cyborg raised an eyebrow as another entity breached the entrance to the lab. Thankfully the security system was playing nice today and didn't harm the newcomer, meaning there would be no need to turn back and manually override the system. Whoever it was would be fine until they came back; there were no hostile energy readings.

The cyborg frowned when they came to what used to be the entrance to his favourite passageway. The higher ups used to let him take guests and visitors down it when he was working as a scientist. Of course, after the sixth fatality they realised having the foreigner as a tour guide was a rather bad decision. Later, they allowed students to install security devices they had made inside it for tests.
    The corridor was riddled with al kinds of traps and fun things, most of which Jest had crafted and placed himself before allowing the students to install their own. Because Jest was so agile he was able to easily manoeuvre through the corridor, in fact he often did so as a morning exercise. Unfortunately due to its design many traps could be activated at once, and always in a randomised, unpredictable fashion. Quite a few were, in the very least, injured when trying it out. Jest himself doesn't realise the danger his 'fun' creation poses to others.
    He sighed with disappointment at the cave in and swished his tail angrily against the floor. No more deadly corridor. What a shame.
    He shrugged it off and turned on his heel, taking off up the way they had come.
    Jest stretched his arms out and took a right down an unmarked corridor. There was little sign of the mess Zerinika had made, which lured Jest into a false nostalgic feeling. They passed many a closed room until they came to the last one at the end of the hallway. The double doors were agar and the inside dimly lit by broken crystals, the liquid inside spilling out of the cracks lent a purple hue to the room.

Jests scanned the area and stepped into the room, hand brushing against a messily drawn picture on the wall as he went, mumbling words of his language under his breath. Underneath the picture was a name, neatly written in Jests hand writing but having faded from time. The name was written in his native language with no translation. Jest doubted he even knew what the translation would be.
    "Nearly there" He called out playfully, wiping dust from his hand onto his shirt and tilting his head backwards to see the followers. "Through this room is my shortcut. Do mind the glass. I think a few vials still had substances them." Jest smirked, picking his way through the mess like it was second nature. The room was in a state of chaos, mess all over the floor, upturned chairs and tables as well as a shattered chest of drawers whose contents spilled onto the floor in a heap of paper, liquid and small unidentifiable fossils. He hadn't bothered to clean up after his last patient.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content