Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising! Will you succumb to the impending madness? Or perhaps live long enough to reach the realm of the sun?

+5
Loony
Radiant Spark
Darkspirit
Funnio987
Gunia
9 posters

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Funnio987
    Funnio987

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising - Page 22 Empty Re: Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Post by Funnio987 Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:26 pm

"...SHUT THE HELL UP!"
    Falx stood up, a large scythe appeared materialising in his hands, then he heaved the scythe over his shoulder and stabbed the ground in front of the boy, making a small hole where his scythe hit.
    "SCREW YOU."
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Cheetah let out a sharp yelp as the stranger suddenly stabbed the ground nearby. On reflex, she drew her dagger and held it firmly. Obsidian came over, shoving Dali out of the way. "Dali, shut the hell up. Not a smart move on your part." Obsidian snarled at the vampire, using the vampire as and excuse to come closer to where Falx was.
    Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Gunia Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Dali looked like he was about to protest for a moment before deciding against it, briefly giving Obsidian a look but keeping quiet. Sheesh... it was just a simple question...
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:21 pm

Jest mentally kicked himself for not calling bets as the fight ended and yet another person entered the scene. He watched with a raised eyebrow as they discussed his dead brother. Which dead guy was he related to again? He swung the appendages attached to his back, now lifted of Inuks weight and ruffled his hair.  Nothing particularly interesting had happened except a scuffle between an alien and mimic, and a guy who could change his voice mid sentence. Jest grinned and let go of starshooter, walking towards the younger man with the intimidating weapon. He felt a twinge in his chest as he thought of what the newcomer must be going through, knowing full well what the loss of a sibling was like. And yet again he was, albeit indirectly, responsible for it. He removed one of the necklaces, a pendant of red stone in which a song bird was carved. The jewels color shifted like many tongues of fire as it was touched by the dappled light. Jest stepped up and placed the necklace on the ground near where the boys scythe had struck. "It won't bring him back, you might not even accept it, but I wanted to recompense for my part in your brothers death." Jest shrugged and  looked up at the boy with a smile. "A small token for a small sin."

(( ahh, I'll edit this properly when I have a proper keyboard. And a magical transformation potion into Jests mind cause I need to get into character better.))
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:08 pm

((OOC: I edited it a bit for ya~))

Obsidian turned his attention to the one who looked like Mend. "If you break down on us again, I will not hesitate to dispose of you. Mend was unstable, and being his brother, you share the same powers. I will not risk you being unstable around us as well. I used to travel with an unstable wyvern, and now she's dead. Suck it up. Things die, get used to it. If your going to survive here you cannot break down at every single inconvenience." Obsidian said, shrugging off Jest's token as nothing. "Never guessed you as the mushy type Jest."
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:59 am

"I..I'm sorry." His scythe disappeared, leaving the small crack in the ground. He took the stone and then stood up. "Thanks.."
    He turned his attention towards the black dog, listening to its word of advice. "Thing is, I can't remember anything besides my brother. I uh, think I got knocked out while you guys were fighting that wyvern."
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Obsidian fought the urge to facepaw. "Oh you have got to be kidding me. Amnesia? Fucking hell. A person who remembers nothing is as bad as one who is unstable."

Last edited by Glass on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:33 am

"Uh, sorry?" He wasn't sure what to do, so he just stayed silent.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:47 pm

((OOC: Shh, you saw nothing))

Obsidian turned on Falx. "Oh you're sorry? You're fucking sorry?! In these Ruins, having no memory is a deathtrap! Zerinika may be dead, but there is no stop to the dangers in these Ruins! One danger falls, another arises! You can't be walking around not knowing what happened, else you'll end up just like your brother. Torn in half or throat ripped out. You better start remembering now, else you're going to end up dead. Just. Like. Mend." Obsidian said, shadows forming around the edges of his eyes. Obsidian's mind however, was mentally kicking the vulpine.

Idiot! You basically told them that you were in the exact same boat! How could you be so fucking stupid?! He thought, biting back a idiotic add to his rant. <How funny that a simple statement causes you so much grief.> Obsidian froze, but he was still growling at Falx. Who is this? He thought, to which he heard a laughing sound in his head - telepathy. <Haha, that question will be answered in due time Obsidian, for now, just completely ignore me.>

Great, so now I have a voice in my head. Wonderful.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Jest raised an eyebrow at Obsidian and stepped back from the newcomer. " I believe I am quite solid." He shoved his hands in his pockets and gave a strange look at the canine who first was glaring daggers at Falx then suddenly looked like he'd seen a ghost. Jest retracted the things on his back, seeing as no immediate danger was around and pulled his shirt back on. Removing the rest of the necklaces and rings, jest scooped them up with his tail blade and laid them in a pile at his feet. Jest turned to Obsidian, adjusting his shirt with one hand.

"So, if you were to combine a mentally unstable patient with this amnesia what are you saying we'd get? I think it would be more fun to toss something more lethal than a few mental problems. What if he just sits in the corner all day?" Jest said, completely ignoring the fact that he himself was both unstable and without certain memories. " come now mimic, you make this place sound like its dangerous. Not to mention there's than one person in that guy. People are more selfish than they let on, keeping backup super powers all to themselves. He'll be fine. "
    Jest stepped closer, eyeing Obsidian. " it's you who is the one to cause worry. You did just go toe to toe with your arch nemesis. You may be in shock, and even  sempai can't fix mental issues with that spell he used." jest paused. " At least I think he can't. "
    "Yo semai, can you fix mental problems?!" Jest called over his shoulder.

(( thanks. I'll fix this post up tomorrow. Or later today. After whenever I get sleep. ))
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:27 am

((OOC: you have no idea how much that post just made me laugh.))

This time it was Obsidian's turn to act surprised. Turning around to face Jest, the vulpine gave the cyborg a look that would peel paint. "What? As if you're not unstable as well. You can't go around being hypocritical when you have something going wrong in your head as well." Obsidian snarled at Jest. <Aww, come now Obsidian, it can't be that bad. I say you should just kill them and leave.> Obsidan growled. And you, shut the hell up.

<Oooh, touchy.>

Starshooter shrugged at Jest's question. "Depends on the issue."
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:04 am

Falx stayed silent. He really wasn't sure what to say, but he was sure that he couldn't say sorry or else he would've been lectured. He whispered softly, hoping that the dog wouldn't hear it. "I mean, it's not my damn fault that I got this amnesia." Even though they couldn't hear it, he felt much more better.

((Eh, not sure what to post anymore.))
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:25 am

Obsidian had in fact heard Falx, but he ignored the person. Instead the vulpine snarled, obviously annoyed at the whole lot of them. "Come find me when you're ready to head out to Jest's lab. I have other things I need to finish now that Zerinika is dead." Obsidian said, casting a simple glare over their little misfit group, before racing off, jumping onto the stall roofs and off into the Citadel.

Cheetah watched the vulpine go. "I wonder where he could be off to..." She thought aloud looking back towards Falx. "S-sorry about Obsidian. I'm C-Cheetah. Who're you?"
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:28 am

Falx turned his attention towards the winged girl. "Uh, it's alright. I'm Falx Falcitas. Nice to meet you, Cheetah." He put his hand out for a handshake.

((alldekoolkeedsdohandshakesnao))

Last edited by Funnio987 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oopsies)
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:37 am

Inuk slowly stood up and dusted himself off. "Falx... is Falx some kind of flower?" Inuk asked, having no information on flowers. still thinking about all that just happened Inuk walked away from the little group to try and find Obsidian, he really didn't care if Falx was a type of flower or not.

((I would still like to know if Falx is a type of flower XD))
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:12 am

((OOC: x3 Falx means curved blade, like a scythe or a sickle. But yes, it does also mean a cotton or material made from a flower. Cheetah is just single minded.))

Cheetah gave Inuk a strange look. "No, Falx means curved blade. Where'd you get flower from?" She said, tilting her head like a confused dog, her wolf ears perked. It was quite a comical scene really. Cheetah shrugged, her wings ruffling slightly with the movement. Turning to Jest, Cheetah crossed her arms. "And Jest, although Obsidian is a pain, I will agree with him on the fact that I'm getting bored here. When are we heading to your lab?"
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:45 am

Inuk turned around to reply to Cheetahs "comment" but then he stopped dead. Before Inuk even said anything he gave Cheetah a surprised and confused look. "Ch...Cheetah....did you always have... wings?" Inuk said while looking very confused, Inuk always knew that she had wings but it just never accrued to him that they where actual wings! Inuk stopped thinking for a bit then looked her up and down trying to find out if she had a tail to go with the ears. When Inuk saw the tail he made a small noise then quickly shifted gaze back up to her eyes, it wasn't like Inuk was scared or he had never seen something like this before. Inuk was just a bit surprised that she had wings and a tail when he could not remember if Cheetah had them when he'd first met her.

((I think Inuk has short term memory and long term memory))
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:19 am

((OOC: Oh gosh, Cheetah is so going to take that the wrong way.))

Cheetah stepped back a bit, unsheathing her dagger and holding it a few centimeters away from her chest. "What are you? Blind?" Cheetah growled, her voice underlined with a growl similar to a wolf's. If Inuk looks at me once more, he's going to find out how sharp this dagger is.
    MimicSoul
    MimicSoul

Post by MimicSoul Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:45 am

((Thanks for making Inuk more comfortable around females.))

Inuk stepped back trying to find out what he did to make Cheetah angry. females are so weird and scary what did I do to make her angry? "I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, I just asked you if you always had wings." Inuk said in an apologetic tone. Inuk looked over in Jests direction almost as if he wanted Jest to come get him out of this mess, realizing that Jest would never come help him (and feeling kind of stupid for thinking he would) Inuk turned his attention back to the angry Cheetah. "Um if you don't mind could you put your dagger down now?" I really don't like the smell of that dagger. "It is a nice dagger." This was the first time Inuk had tried flattery, most of females that he'd angered in the past didn't have a dagger.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:51 pm

((OOC: HAHAHAHA Oh gosh, mood swing Cheetah has mood swings.))

Cheetah run her finger along the side of the dagger, where it wouldn't cut her. "Yes, it is a nice dagger isn't it? I made it myself." She said, completely changing demeanor and subject. Her tail swished back and forth lazily, as she examined the blade, before sheathing it in one fluid motion, twirling the blade around her finger, throwing it up in the air and catching it hilt first, using the same motion to sheath the dagger. "But seriously, did you only just notice I had wings and wolf mutations? The wings are 14 foot long Inuk, kinda hard to miss." Cheetah said, putting an arm on Inuk's shoulder. "That aside, I wonder where Obsidian darted off to. What errands?" Cheetah thought aloud, her green eyes shimmering thoughtfully.

Obsidian finally reached the outskirts of the Citadel, where the training grounds were. Quickly glancing around, Obsidian made sure he was alone - <Did you forget about me so soon?> - Obsidian groaned. "You better not cause me any trouble. I'm already mentally unstable as-is. I don't need another mental problem to add to the list." Obsidian growled, to which the voice laughed. <Fair enough I suppose.> Obsidian then perked up, hearing footsteps. "Ah, Obsidian. I assume you finished the job?" Obsidian nodded. "I kept my end of the deal, now pay up." Obsidian said, watching as the bipedal creature stepped out and into view.

It was vaguely human, with a dog-like head, a long tail with a barbed tip, and three fingers on each arm, along with a thumb. It had long 6 inch claws, and teeth that poked out the top of it's mouth. "Yes, yes. About that... I'm afraid I cannot pay you just as of yet. Things... Happened and I lost a bet, one thing led to another, and now I can't pay you." Obsidian growled. "Then I guess I'll have to get my payment another way." Obsidian snarled, and without warning, the vulpine lunged, knocking the bided down onto it's back, making a sickening crack as it hid the ground. Obsidian wasted no time in clamping his jaws down on the biped's throat, ripping it out forcefully, spraying blood all over his face and paws. The whole length of his body was covered in the red liquid, and his fangs dripped the thick plasma. "Payment recieved." Obsidian growled, shaking off a little bit of the blood, before leaving the corpse, jumping back onto the roof of a nearby building, making his way back to where the group were probably still waiting.

((OOC: So now Obsidian has blood all over him... Again. x3))
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:39 am

Jest laughed as Cheetah threatened Inuk, who was not handling the situation well at all. "Is your eyesight worse than a one eyed mans? or do you simply not pay attention to immediate surroundings?" Jest asked mockingly.

"So flower boy, are you going to join us on our little visit down to my lab or not?"
    He addressed Falx, unsure of whether he was with the group or not. A smaller group would be better to travel by but it couldn't be helped is more than expected joined them on their quest to his great lair.

Without waiting for a reply Jest started after Obsidian, following the signal on his tracking radar. with hands in pockets and tail scooping up the remaining trinkets, Jest leapt onto a nearby roof and sprinted after the vulpine.
    "Lets go."  
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:18 pm

Obsidian made his way back to the group, knowing that the scent of blood would be in the air. "If I'm lucky, that body will not be found." Obsidian muttered, noticing Jest's form as he ran back. Of course he'd follow! Just my luck too that I'm covered in blood before I can wash away the scent. Not that it bothers me anyway - I don't want Dali hanging around me. He thought, before hearing the voice chuckle. Hey, you wouldn't like a vampire following you around like a lost puppy. He thought to the voice, to which the voice seemed hesitant. <I suppose not, but it will be funny.>

Obsidian rolled his eyes, jumping over a ruined stall and landing only two stalls away from Jest - Only about five meters. "What? I can't run my own errands in peace? Give me a break Jest. And before you ask, yes, this is blood. Not mine obviously. Don't ask, I won't answer anyway."
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:37 pm

((OOC: Harbinger Post))

Serpent stopped herself from following the rest of the Rouges. "What are you idiots doing?! We are Zerinika's Rouges! Queen Zerinika may be dead, but we must keep our reputation!" The other Rouges stopped, looking at each other. "Serpent is right. We must make an example!" Ebony snarled, looking towards Nim and Sorrow, who were nodding in agreement.

The four slunk back to the group, hiding in the natural shadows created by the stalls. They saw a wolf-like creature, about the size of Obsidian, but with red fangs and claws. "And there's our target." Serpent said, lunging for the fallen creature. The Rouge clamped her jaws around the canid, making the wolf jump up, yelping in fear and confusion. Serpent just wrapped her slender bodice around the wolf and dug her claws in, squeezing the air out like a constrictor. Soon the wolf collapsed, taking in ragged breaths as his blood spilled from his chest where Serpent had bitten him.

To finish him off, Serpent unwrapped Claw and then clamped his jaws shut with her front legs, before biting into his neck, and using her tail blade to slice open his side. Blood spilled over the ashen pelt of the wolf, sliding off Serpent's black scales and covering the hard tile.

Eventually Claw stopped struggling and went limp. His eyes glazed over and his chest stilled. Serpent let go and grinned, her fangs drenched with the wolf's blood. "Our leader may be dead, but we are not to be forgotten" Serpent hissed, before diving back into the shadows, where the four then fled, leaving the group to realise what had just happened.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:57 am

Jest raised an eyebrow at his crimson stained companion. " You did say to come find you when we are ready to leave. Is short term memory another thing to add to your list of malfunctions along with your bad attitude?" Jest said with his usual smirk. Crossing his arms Jest was about to continue but was cut short by a scream down in the market place.
    Jest started and looked over the edge to see a bundle of red stained fur collapsed on the cobblestones, surrounded by a group of passersby.
    Jest recognized the corpse to be Fang, or whatever the silent creature had been called.
    "Looks like our wolf statue has fallen prey to someone. Think i can take some of it back to my place?" Jest called back to Obsidian, rubbing his hands in anticipation at a new sample.

(( such respect for the dead))
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Obsidian was about to shoot back a smart assed reply when he heard the yelp of Claw, accompanied by a familiar voice. Obsidian snarled when he realised who it was. "Serpent!" He snarled, racing past Jest and following the Rouge's scent. When he got back to the group however, all that was there was Claw's dead body and a faint trail. They were long gone. "Fucking shit." Obsidian hissed, completely ignoring the fact he was still covered in blood. <Too slow! They're long gone~ You failed, you failed, you fa->"Shut up!" Obsidian suddenly snarled, whirling around and ramming his head into the closest stall, splintering the wood and giving the vulpine deep gashes down his face that oozed blood. "Just... Shut up." He muttered, his muzzle pulled back in a snarl.

Cheetah watched as Obsidian rammed his head into the stall, watching with a concerned gaze. "O-Obsidian?" She asked, watching from a distance as Obsidian seemed to be fighting his own internal battle. Hmm, so what is wrong with that dog? He's always been off, but... This is... Different.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content