Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising! Will you succumb to the impending madness? Or perhaps live long enough to reach the realm of the sun?

+5
Loony
Radiant Spark
Darkspirit
Funnio987
Gunia
9 posters

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising - Page 8 Empty Re: Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Rakata glanced down the dark passageway Jest seemed to find, almost immediately noticing it had cobwebs. She HATED cobwebs. They always got tangled in her wings and such, and were a nightmare to wash out. "Do we REALLY have to go that way?" she asked, not exactly wanting to deal with cobwebs. Gosh she hated cobwebs. And without her magic to help, it would most likely be worse. Much much worse.
    ~~~
    Vienna turned toward Jest as he branched off from the group, suggesting a shortcut through some small, dark, cobweb filled alley. She shrugged. Either way was fine with her, although she slightly disliked the fact that it was single file. Harder to keep an eye on everybody, make sure none of them would stab her in the back... She needed to be able to get them first, to grab the advantage, to slice them ope- Vienna shook her head, clearing her thoughts. Good grief, she really was going nuts. "Just keep it together..." she mumbled to no one in particular.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Obsidian followed after Jest, ears perked for any noise. "You're going to slow." He muttered, timing it right, he jumped, rebounding off the wall to land in front of Jest, taking out plenty of the cobwebs as he jumped. Shaking the dust off he changed his pace from a slow walk to a slightly fast run. "The faster we get there, the faster we get our powers back." He said, dashing through the narrow corridor, towards the castle.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 pm

Jest grunted and picked up his pace, slightly annoyed about the lead position being taken. Glancing back Jest noticed Rakata's hesitancy to enter the passage and quickly realised her dilemma. It would be unfortunate if she was tangled in the cobwebs. "You could ride on my shoulder, or underneath Starshooters hood if you want to avoid the webs" He offered, nonchalantly volunteering their companion despite whether he wanted to do it or not.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 pm

"Eh-" Rakata watched as Obsidian unintentionally took out practically all of the cobwebs. That was easy. Flitting after the group she took pace above Jest, easily avoiding the scratch of webbing that managed to survive the onslaught.
    ~~~
    Vienna followed slowly after the group, still disliking the fact that it was single file. She wished she could just stab the person in front of her and move over them... It would be so easy... She shook her head once more. She was definitely losing it. Rubbing one of her arms a bit awkwardly she could only estimate how long she would last. It was cold for one, and she was starting to get a bit fidgety. She recalled that she had somehow avoided forcefully transforming, which, under the circumstances, was rather amazing. However, given her current mental state, she doubted it would last much longer.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Obsidian ran through the narrow passage, eventually getting to the courtyard, the vulpine waited for everyone else to arrive.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cyan watched as the first of the group arrived in the courtyard. Noticing the necklace and collar, Cyan's scowl turned into a grin. "So, the exiled rouge, Obsidian." He muttered, watching as everyone else arrived. A slight pulse of magic from Runescathe was enough to break the window. Jumping through the shattered window, Cyan landed in front of the door to the castle. Standing to his full height, Cyan balanced Runescathe on his shoulder. "You must be Obsidian, the exiled rouge." He said, a pulse of magic from Runescathe shone over the group as everyone's magical abilities and powers were returned. "I apologise for hindering you by disabling your powers, however I had no choice. Runescathe always does it to magical beings that I haven't seen before." Cyan said, his yellow eyes surveying who was there.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Rakata thankfully arrived out of the passage without getting cobbed, but noticed an unfamiliar figure in front of them. He looked like some sort of blue dragon, and she certainly hadn't seen him before. Who the heck was h-

Scratch that. She just got her powers back. She didn't care anymore. Doing a small flip in the air she let out a short laugh, followed by, "Yeess!"
    ~~~
    Vienna emerged in the area, last as always, glancing curiously at what appeared to be a blue dragon with some sort of sword. Perhaps that was what he used to short everyone's powers out. Glancing up at the pixie's reaction she could guess that they had gotten their powers back, because she sure seemed awfully happy about something. It was like she had won the lottery or something. She should be swatted back down to reality and shown the true colors the word has to offer...
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Jest smiled, glad to have their powers returned. He felt much stronger now. Studying the dragon he noticed the unusual markings upon the blade he called Runescathe. "You seem to be getting quite well known around here Mimic. It makes one wonder why Zerininka hasn't found you sooner." Jest laughed, not at all intimidated by the power the strangers weapon seemed to hold over them.
    "Who are you blue one? You were waiting for us yet have not attacked, so i'll go out on a limb here and assume you are not the enemy"
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:23 pm

"Depends. If you make any move that I could find hostile, I could consider you an enemy. And judging by your current state, I highly doubt you can be of any threat." Cyan said, his yellow eyes deadly serious. "Introduce yourselves. After introductions are over I will tell you my name." Cyan said, and Obsidian growled. "How about you stop being so smart assed?" Obsidian as and Cyan's eyes narrowed, glaring at Obsidian. "I suggest you don't tempt me Rouge." Cyan said and Obsidian returned the glare. "Then I suggest you don't throw orders." Obsidian replied, and Cyan's entire posture changed. In one motion, Cyan was already next to Obsidian, Runescathe at the rogue's neck. Obsidian growled and jumped backwards, with everyone scattering to get out of the rogue's way. A pulse of magic shot from one of the runes on the blade, and the pulse froze Obsidian in place, almost like he was paralyzed. "I suggest you don't tempt me again Rogue." Cyan said, and another pulse from Runescathe allowed Obsidian to move again. "Any other objections?" Cyan said, returning back to his calm posture.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Rakata almost froze midair. He beat Obsidian in less than two swishes of a cats tail. And he didn't even use that much effort. Yeah, she should PROBABLY be careful... Without realizing it she had apparently moved into a position where she was hiding behind Jest, peeking over his shoulder. For some reason she had gravitated toward him. Oh well.
    ~~~
    Vienna almost rolled her eyes at the dragons display. At this point she didn't care. Not about him, not about anyone. It was like all feeling was simply lost. Not that she had much feeling to begin with, but still...
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Jest's eye widened at the display before him, intrigued by the powers of the sword he felt himself move towards it before he stopped himself. Shaking his head Jest stepped back and looked over at Obsidian, feeling slightly satisfied that the arrogant vulpine got what should of been coming for a long time now.
    "I'm known as jest" he said, curious about the identity of the stranger. Feeling something come into contact with his shoulder Jest turned his head and saw Rakata to which he smiled.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Rakata noticed Jest glancing over at her and backed away almost immediately. It was fine until he looked at her. Now he knew she was there. In an almost automated response she said, "I-I wasn't hiding being you...!" <Idiot!> she thought. she then turned sideways from him, folding her arms. "I-I wasn't scared at all." <Yeah right...> she thought in her head. <Shut up.> she replied to her own thoughts.
    ~~~
    Vienna moved her gaze toward the ground. Perhaps if she was watching the ground she would stop counting up how many ways people can be killed. After all, she really should stop. It was probably unhealthy. Yet, then again. it was so much fun as well...
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Cheetah stretched her wings, before sighing. "I'm C-cheetah." She said, yet again unaware of her shy stutter. "I'm Gravity and my brother is Cosmic." Gravity said, nodding at Cosmic. "And I'm Starshooter." Starshooter said, looking at Obsidian who seemed to be glaring at Cyan. "Good. I am Cyan, I am well known around the Citadel, and no doubt you've heard of Zen." Cyan said, pausing for a moment. "You mean Zen, the Citadel's best hunter and assassin? Also the one who has the most knowledge on Zerinika?" Starshooter said, his silver eyes thoughtful. Cyan nodded. "Exactly. She asked me to meet you here."
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Jest nodded thoughtfully. Even with his absence he had heard faint rumours about this Zen character. His eye glanced back at Rakata who seemed to be having an internal dilemma. "No, of course not. I'm not the most reliable person to act as a shield after all," Jest laughed, amused by her antics. I like this one, not as serious as the rest. Jest turned his attention back towards Cyan, stifling his laughter with difficulty.
    "Why exactly is Zen interested in us? Wait, it's because of the assassin queen right?"
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Cyan nodded at Jest's question. "Exactly. Nearly the whole Citadel knows of Zen's vendetta against the evil assassin Zerinika." Obsidian sighed. "Lemme guess. She wants you to relay information to her because I'm the only one who knows her weakness." Obsidian said, and Cyan nodded again, "Pretty much, except for one thing. I will not relay information. Zen will keep an eye on us for a bit. She's practically waiting for Zerinika to target you again since you're the best way to find to assassin queen."

Obsidian sighed. "Brilliant, so we're being used as bait."
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Bait? Rakata perked at that word. She had only been half listening, even though she probably should've been full on listening. From what she did hear, however, it sounded like Obsidian was the bait. In that case she went right on back to half listening.
    ~~~
    Vienna removed her gaze from the ground and glanced up, stopping her mental murders for the moment. Apparently they were being used as bait. Not that she cared. As far as she was concerned everyone could just curl up and die.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Jest smirked, this whole event keeps getting better and better. who knew this could be so fun? Although it did irk him to be used as bait, though that seemed to be mostly Obsidians job currently. "Ain't so nice being the one used, is it oh great master planner?" Jest taunted, eyeing Obsidian. He took a few steps towards Cyan before stopping.
    "As you can already tell, we are in no shape to be luring out worms from the depths of the ruins. Tomorrow perhaps? I'm sure Zen could handle Zerinika on her own considering, yet it's not preferable to have innocent blood on your hands"
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

"I'm sure that won't bother Zen the slightest to have innocent blood on her hands. She is an assassin after all." Cyan said, stepping aside for Jest to enter the castle. Tracing one of the runes that danced along Runescathe's surface, a pulse of cerulean blue magic formed around the castle. "Now any spells that anyone has cast on you will be null. It's easy to attach listening spells." Cyan said, and Starshooter nodded. "What kind of blade is er - Runescathe?" Starshooter asked, and Cyan looked towards the mage. "Runescathe is an ancient blade forged by the creator of the ruins himself. Each rune possesses a different power. Even I do not know all the abilities each rune possesses." Cyan said, and Starshooter whistled. "That's one powerful Blade."
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

(( very short post. just cause))
    "Indeed" Jest murmured as he eyes the glowing blade with interest "And how did you acquire such a weapon?"
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Cyan gave Jest a dangerous glare. "There are some things you don't want to know about me." He said, a dangerous tone in his voice. Passing the blade to his tail, Cyan jumped, using the edge of a stone slab to boost himself up to the second floor balcony. Taking Runescathe in his hand again, Cyan looked down to where Jest was. "If you're going to rest, you should hurry. If Zen is correct, Zerinika is probably on her way now. You'll want to be rested for that I presume."
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:27 pm

Rakata flitted into the castle ahead of the group, eager to do somethign other than hover in the air and half listen to something she should probably be listening to.
    ~~~
    Vienna glanced at the pixie as she eagerly flitted into the castle. She shrugged, deciding to follow in the back of the group like she always did.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Obsidian followed Rakata as she entered the castle. looking around the castle, the vulpine jumped up onto one of the high ledges. Curling into a tight ball, Obsidian bristled his back fur to stop anyone touching him as he slept. Cyan lent against the wall as everyone found places to sleep. "I will keep watch." Cyan said, his yellow eyes watching as everyone fell asleep. Walking up to the balcony, Cyan leant against the archway frame. Almost on cue when everyone fell sound asleep, a Crested Serpentine jumped down onto the balcony. "Took you long enough Cyan." Cyan sighed. "Yes, well they are a bit more nosy than most." Cyan said, and the female sighed. "Zerinika is on her way. My tracking device I put on Zerinika tells me where she is." Cyan nodded. "How long till she's here?" Cyan said, and the Crested Serpentine shook her head. "Difficult to say. three hours at most, maybe sooner."

Cyan sighed. "Then we don't have much time." Cyan said, and the female nodded. Jumping up the Crested Serpentine jumped onto the castle's roof and into the dark.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

(( hurray for random teleportation since apparently everyone's already in the castle and i can't be bothered making Jest enter it))

Jest leaned against the wall, studying the sleeping figure of his comrades. His gaze drifted outside to where Cyan and what he took to be Zen held their conversation. Three hours huh? She doesn't give up easily."Ah well" Jest mumbled to himself, standing and stretching his arms above his head before walking further into the castle. It won't do any good to sleep in the entrance hall, i'm going to find a more comfortable resting place. The others'll be able to find me if they need me.
    A thick carpet muffled Jests footsteps as he walked and the walls were littered with expensive paintings and tapestries. The cyborg let out a low whistle "Sure is fancy".
    Before long he came to an adjourning hall which lead to a series of rooms. Taking a look inside Jest found a row of beds in what appeared to be a guest room. Letting the door shut behind him Jest settled down on one of the beds and began to recharge his energy, reminding himself to check for bugs in his system that may be limiting his power output when he woke.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Cyan watched as Jest wandered the castle, eventually getting to the guest rooms. Cyan studied each of the runes that glided across Runescathe's enchanted surface. As one rune disappeared, another appeared, and they all had random paths and periods on the blade. Setting the sword on his shoulder, Cyan's yellow eyes watched the skies of the Citadel. "The clock tower will serve as a better vantage point." Cyan muttered, walking out to the balcony. Switching Runescathe to his tail, Cyan jumped onto the castle roof. Jumping off the roof, Cyan landed on the side of the clock tower. Climbing quickly, Cyan reached the top and took Runescathe in hand again. Looking towards the entrance, Cyan spotted something white appearing. "Nim of Zerinika's Rouges. They'll be here sooner than we thought." Cyan said, jumping back down onto the castle roof. Sliding down the roof, Cyan landed on the second floor balcony, and lent against the archway frame. Tracing one of Runescathe's cerulean runes, a magical transmitter appeared. The Crested Serpentine from earlier was on the receiving end of the message. "Nim is here. Where there's one, there's the other five." Cyan said, and what sounded like a cuss was the answer. "Damn it. They're faster than I thought. Lets just hope everyone will be rested." Cyan nodded and the transmission ended.

"Bring it on Zerinika. We'll be ready for you."
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Rakata poked her head up, peering over the roof. She had though she saw Cyan jump there not a minute before... Hearing a voice nearby, she flew over the roof and peered her head over the edge of it, spotting Cyan on the second floor balcony.
    Rakata had been rather unable to sleep, and had finally decided to venture out when she saw Cyan jumping around. She cocked her head slightly as Cyan finished some sort of conversation and mentioned something about Zerinika. Who was she again? The leader of the rogues, right?
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Cyan's eyes immediately went to a spot on Runescathe's reflected surface that showed the pixie behind him. Moving lightning fast, Cyan spun, and in one movement, Cyan had Rakata pinned against the wall. "It's not good to spy on someone." He growled, and a pulse from Runescathe stripped Rakata of her magic. Cyan's yellow eyes stared at Rakata with a murderers cold stare. "So, anything to say?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content